Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 10:34 AM

Default small flush + lots of action

It was the 4th or 5th hand at the table since I sat down. The table was extremely loose and people tended to stay in the hand till the end.

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

I decided to call because of the table conditions.

Flop: (12 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

With the fd + oesd I think I have the equity to bet.

Turn: (13.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.19 (All-In), <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

I made my flush and began to fire. Villain also firing made me worry if my hand is the best.

River: (23.45 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Beacause of the river being a blank I decided to bet and raise although villains behaviour still made me worry.

Final Pot: 31.45 BB

Is there anything that you would have done differently?
Old 08-24-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: small flush + lots of action

When he continued to go nutso on the turn, you have to credit him some possibility of having two big diamonds. I like the 3-bet on the turn because of UTG+1 providing dead money. However, I think 1-2 BB on the river was plenty.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:11 AM

I would have folded PF there were still people left to act after you.
Flop: I b/c the flop, I don't think a 3-bet is great because we're still on a draw.
Turn:Betting out is good but when villian raises again I go to call down mode he might have A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
River: check/call
Old 08-24-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have folded PF there were still people left to act after you.
Flop: I b/c the flop, I don't think a 3-bet is great because we're still on a draw.
Turn:Betting out is good but when villian raises again I go to call down mode he might have A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
River: check/call

[/ QUOTE ]

Pre flop, the players left to act after you have already acted. There's some chance one of the limpers will reraise, but this is pretty rare. So in all likelihood, it's going to be a big, multiway pot and you are going to get 11:1 on your money from the BB. Calling is right.

On the flop, playing aggressively is right. Hero will get a 6, A or diamond over 50% of the time by the river. The loose passives have demonstrated a willingness to pad the pot for us. So ramming and jamming is definitely right here.

Somewhere in the big streets hero should probably slw down. As I've mentioned, I like taking it to 3b on the turn because of UTG+1. I think there's also some possibility that villain would have raised a set or played a big pocket this hard up to two bets. Once he caps, though, I'm thinking hard about slowing down.

Edit: scrap that, I like check-calling the river
Old 08-24-2007, 11:36 AM

You're right about PF the chance someone LRR is slim.
The reason I don't think going crazy on this flop is great, is we have the lowest possible flush draw.
I am ususlly wrong about these things though.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're right about PF the chance someone LRR is slim.
The reason I don't think going crazy on this flop is great, is we have the lowest possible flush draw.
I am ususlly wrong about these things though.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have an OESD + a flush draw, a very strong drawing hand. Even if we just had a flush draw, it would still probably be correct to lead the flop as flush over flush is quite rare.

I really like Hero's flop donk because with this many people, it's quite likely MP1 will not c-bet overcards, and even if he does raise, Hero has the equity to 3-bet.

I think the river is tricky. I'd bet/call, because given Hero's flop bet/3-bet, I think MP1 would be more likely to put him on a set than a flush, (EDIT: with MP1's most likely holding being JJ).
Old 08-24-2007, 01:39 PM

I thought with draws we wanted more people in the pot. I said bet calling was right on the flop. But when we 3 bet we're driving out players we want in the pot and also we don't know that villian is going to cap with UTG+1 coming along for the ride.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:46 PM

*g*

PF : Even if conditions are good, 52d are a fold for me.
Flop : fine with me
Turn/River: I call down after being raised on turn (c/c on river). We lose to every other flush. Villain isn't afraid of flushes - that's bad news.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:02 PM

IMO this is a AA (!?!) or JJ &gt;&gt; AK[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] at 0.1/0.2 or below.

Against a thinking player you should have saved a few bets on the river c/c or b/c doesn't really matter.
The bet-3-bet line on turn is sexy given the ram-jam excersice on the flop and nobody is folding strong [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] draws to a c/r anyway.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO this is a AA (!?!) or JJ &gt;&gt; AK[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] at 0.1/0.2 or below.

[/ QUOTE ]

AA ? C'mon, even at this limit the biggest retards start to think about the possibility of running into a set (pocket 4s, 3s).
I want to dismiss JJ once he caps the turn. Putting him on AK, AJ, A5 or A3 all diamonds here.