Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 09:45 AM

Default Eurobet Poker

Does anybody play at Eurobet Poker? If so, can you state your opnion on software/game quality? I play NL100 6max.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:27 PM

Default Re: Eurobet Poker

It's an ongame skin, the software is not liked by many people as I didn't when I first played it somewhere in 2002, but I am not thinking so anymore (I use the Betsson's skin though that's not the point) for some reason. At least my games are better than the games at Stars (that's my favorite software).

It doesn't allow US players so one can at least at times find some good games, but what they are like at your limit I am not sure as it's not my game but I expect two kinds of players: the usual rocks or weak passive players, and then the more common Eu semi-tilting aggressors or whatever, but one can effect to those by picking tables, like looking the table stats before entering, picking a type of a game one plays better. I am not expecting your limit to be generally highly aggressive yet like 200nl, 400nl could be, though I have been on loose aggressive 50nl games there, so the games can be more aggressive than what you may have got used to.

They don't officially offer rakeback anymore but it seems like they might unofficially when looking the rakeback forum. If not, hollywood poker (I don't think it's an Eu-skin) might still offer a lasting bonus that's worth like rakeback or more, some affiliate offered it some time back.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:41 PM

If you can get past the software I think the players are very soft even at the midstakes NL levels. There are a lot of muppets there and I was beating the games handily.

HOWEVER........

The software is so brutal that I finally couldn't take it anymore and left for good. You can search for some of my previous rants on the ongame software but trust me on this one, it's the most retarded and THE worst software of any pokersites. We're talking about tables disappearing in the middle of the action etc and all kinds of other nonsense.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you can get past the software I think the players are very soft even at the midstakes NL levels. There are a lot of muppets there and I was beating the games handily.

HOWEVER........

The software is so brutal that I finally couldn't take it anymore and left for good. You can search for some of my previous rants on the ongame software but trust me on this one, it's the most retarded and THE worst software of any pokersites. We're talking about tables disappearing in the middle of the action etc and all kinds of other nonsense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too - I had a great winrate there but had to quit because of the software
Old 09-25-2007, 06:45 PM

Are all these problems cash-only or something? I've never had any trouble, but I only play sng (some mtt). I actually quite like the software, pretty clear, doesn't look like a heap of crap like absolute or microgaming. I know about the reload thing though... yeah that is pretty retarded
Old 09-25-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are all these problems cash-only or something? I've never had any trouble, but I only play sng (some mtt). I actually quite like the software, pretty clear, doesn't look like a heap of crap like absolute or microgaming. I know about the reload thing though... yeah that is pretty retarded

[/ QUOTE ]

I only play the cash games as I'm not sure about the tournys. I think people who multitable a lot have way more problems than people who play fewer tables. I was playing about 9+ tables of their NL 5max games. When I have so many tables up I don't enjoy 3 or more of them randomly disappearing while I'm in the middle of the game. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Not only that it was such a hassle to get back on the table after you've been booted off. It's ridiculous.

There's a million other problems but I don't want to go on another long winded rant so I want to say something nice about Ongame. I ABSOLUTELY love the 5 max tables. I think with 1 player less than the usual 6 max tables the action because much better. A lot of the muppets there don't really know how to play when it gets really shorthanded so the game is way more aggressive with more action. I really love the concept. If you can learn to play shorthanded tables well you should love these tables. I kinda miss it really, but I can't put up with the software. The fact that you have to sit out to reload tells you how retarded the software is. There isn't even a button to reload. Having to sit out sometimes you'll miss an entire orbit just to rebuy if you're not fast enough. Ridiculous.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:23 AM

I installed more memory on my system and the Ongame client just got more sluggish. It keeps freezing if you play more than three tables and spitting out error messages that close the whole program if you click OK. The reloading thing's already been mentioned, usually you don't have enough time after showdown to reload to full before the next hand starts.

It's just glorious when you flop the nuts, the software decides to crap out on you and villain bets $1 to kick you out of the pot.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:05 AM

Agreed that the software is among the worst out there, but that's not specific to Eurobet - it's Ongame in general.

Cust service also varies widely from skin to skin -- i had been happy with Hollywood, until a recent cashout issue (see my recent thread), and i'm now looking forward to getting all my money off, since their CS has shown themselves to be incommunicative idiots.