Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 03:24 PM

Default 50NL AK overcards and FD facing flop push

Villian is basically unknown at this point.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

Miyogi (SB): $55.40
BB: $51.25
UTG: $53.60
MP: $32.40
CO: $33.30
BTN: $56.65

Preflop: Miyogi is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, MP folds, CO calls $1.75, BTN folds, <font color="red">Miyogi raises to $7.50</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $5.75, CO folds

Flop: ($17.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Miyogi bets $14.75</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises all-in to $46.10</font>
Old 07-26-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: 50NL AK overcards and FD facing flop push

Call.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:28 PM

i think you have to call that. too many hands that you're racing with or beat to lay it down for those odds.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:36 PM

Call, all day. Even if he has AA, KK, or a set, you still have odds with a flush draw alone (the same goes if he raised UTG with some weird suited connector and flopped a flush. You have less outs against that, but its also very unlikely). And if he has TT-QQ, then you are a slight favorite. Easy call.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Insta-Call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-26-2007, 03:56 PM

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. Please think about this hand. This is ABC POKER 101. Bet/call a push.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:06 PM

When you re-raised and he called, by betting you are reppping a big hand, you have to call his push now, you have too many outs against his pre-flop calling range.

CALL
Old 07-26-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. Please think about this hand. This is ABC POKER 101. Bet/call a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. I bet called his push and caught the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] to beat his J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2007, 04:20 PM

Results aside, you should really ponder this hand and understand it. Why did you 3b pf? Why do you bet the flop and what do you do if raised. If he calls you on the flop and the turn bricks, what do you do on the turn. If an A/K or heart hits the turn, what do you do.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Results aside, you should really ponder this hand and understand it. Why did you 3b pf? Why do you bet the flop and what do you do if raised. If he calls you on the flop and the turn bricks, what do you do on the turn. If an A/K or heart hits the turn, what do you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok well lets see if I've got it right.

Preflop: I'm 3bettign for a couple reasons. a) Value (either to take it down right now or to build a pot with what is likely the best hand), b) to hopefully isolate and get the pot HU c) So that my hand and villians hand are more defined and so that postflop is easier to play.

Flop: I'm betting to a) hopefully take it down right now when my hand still has some strong potential b) maintain my table image and make myself hard to read c) keep control of the hand (why i'm not check calling)

Facing flop raise: As everyone pointed out and as pokerstove told me I am getting 2.5:1 here so there is no point in folding given my strong redraws

Turn: If it bricks I have to decide whether I want to keep betting or if I want to give up on the hand. Given our stack sizes check folding seems weak so betting strong seems the best bet (since my draws will likely still be live and I might even still have the best hand).

Turn hits: If it is a heart I would probably bet smaller hoping to look weak and get called or bluff raised. If it is an A or K then I bet strong hoping that he didn't flop the flush.

So, that is my analysis. I'm going out for a bit now but I'm definately interested in if you think I've got it down and will check this thread later on.