Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 04:38 AM

Default What\'s tougher: low or medium stakes?

I've played mostly medium stakes PLO over the past few years ($100, $200, $400 buyin), and have been successful at them. Several months ago, I began rebuilding my stack from a few hundred dollars after I cashed out. I began at $25 buyin. The rebuilding process was a nightmare. It took months of what I thought was "solid play" to reach the $100 games. Once I finally hit this point, things have been fine. Has anyone struggled at the smaller games but had success at the higher games? For those who have worked their way through low stakes, what is the best general strategy? Super TAG, or do you have to gamble b/c their ranges seem to be so wide? It's humbling having to admit that I struggled so much when the play around me was so poor [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2007, 04:58 AM

Default Re: What\'s tougher: low or medium stakes?

there is a recent thread that linked a thread for how to play PLO25. try search function. The important posters for the thread were silentA and trollinc.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:28 AM

Default Re: What\'s tougher: low or medium stakes?

I have never played medium stakes, but I can tell you there is some 25PLO games that are tough, some that are suuuper soft. Probably no different to mid stakes.