Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 11:02 AM

Default Beginner.....follow the stats?

I play mainly low level sit and go's and after learning about sharkscope through this site was able to check out my stats. I have not been using pokertracker or similar software nor keeping records of my profit and loss, so to see it laid out how much i had lost etc was quite an eye opener.
One of the biggest shocks was the amount that my ROI changes from day to day and that most the week it is -ve but on saturdays rockets upto around 65% (from 57 games). The number of games played on each day is similar (between 40 and 60)
My questions are these
1. How accurate are these stats? Are these artificial stats created by either the website or the relatively small sample size?
2. Should i stick to playing games on saturday? The money would be nice but my poker 'aim' is to be a winning player 7 days a week - would it affect my improvement as a player sticking to what appears to be easier games?
Old 10-05-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Beginner.....follow the stats?

I think the stats are population stats... that is whenever you play the database picks these up, so I have no reason to doubt their accuracy. Now, their accuracy in PREDICTING your TRUE winrate is a sample size thing, so I've no idea about that. I wish I could tell you more, but I discovered SharkScope just as I moved from SnGs to cash.

But I seem to remember that (assuming you don't want to buy PT) somewhere in the Single Table Tournament (in a sticky, probably) there's a free to use excel file for SnGs that was absolutely brilliant. Spit out all the stats you could be interested in. Take a look for it.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:57 PM

Games all around are definitely easier on weekends. Only you can decide if you still have an edge on other days of the week. There's nothing wrong with deciding that certain times of day/week aren't worth playing. Recognizing when to get out of a game is a crucial skill to have.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:43 PM

Saturdays are the best! Friday nights are great too.

That being said, if you're losing every other day of the week, chances are you've got some leaks in your game.

Here's where pokertracker comes in...

=)