Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2006, 01:11 AM

Default OT: Report from Daliland.......aka I am ther [censored].

Dali's wife has been cooking/we have been going out to eat for pretty much the duration of the time that I have been out here. Not to be outdone, I have told them what a sickassmothafukin cook I am. I mean.....YO, I can make you guys drool or whatever. So, tonight, Daliwoman comes home, and asks "what are we going to do for dinner tonight?" I respond "well, I have been promising to cook for you guys for a while now.....what are you in the mood for? Would you like to do Caesar Salads with Chicken?"

"No"

"Okay, I have a great field greens salad with pears, gorgonzola, walnuts, and salmon."

"Ewwwwwww, I hate salmon."

"God, you guys are boring......how about a penne with a roasted red pepper cream sauce, asparagus, and your choice of fresh shrimp or chicken"

"DING DING DING DING DING DING DING!!!!!!!"

So, I go to the store, and pick up my ingredients. When I get back the neighbors are all out having a few beers with each other, and generally enjoying the beautiful evening that is approaching. As such, I am skinning, and peeling shrimp, and prepping some asparagus. Long story short, I was told by 4 adults this evening that I make food that is better than anything that is served in a restaurant around here.......and I say ship it. I think daliman is nailing daliwoman as I type this (and beef is salty about the chick he nailed this weekend showing him up on the fourth of July) but I have no doubt that he will echo these sentiments.

ps. sorry for sounding like a shipithollaballa, but i am currently pretty wasted off of wine.

pps. [censored] my appologies as all of the shipithollaballas that know me (which means everyone besides good2cu) will tell you that i am far cooler than they could ever hope to be.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:13 AM

Default Re: OT: Report from Daliland.......aka I am ther [censored].

Pwnage. Teach me to cook!
Old 07-07-2006, 01:26 AM

I would have gone for the Caesar Salad. I hate asparagus.

And why didn't you offer to make them anything with beef? Seems appropriate. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2006, 01:31 AM

i make a pretty mean pasta with marinara sauce myself. i'm pretty good at boiling water and pouring contents of packages into pots and bowls. i'm pretty proud, actually.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i make a pretty mean pasta with marinara sauce myself. i'm pretty good at boiling water and pouring contents of packages into pots and bowls. i'm pretty proud, actually.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, (this is beefcake being too lazy to switch the proper name) when i cook, there is no marinara [censored] fetti ass pasta course. i roasted some red peppers, cooked the pasta to a perfect al dente, peeled and deveigned the shrimp, and made a killer fukin roasted red bell pepper cream sauce with asparagus. as for greke, steak was my first idea as dalifamily just bought a new grill, but daliwomen doesn't eat red meat (but she sure likes to bone......or so the song goes.....)
Old 07-07-2006, 07:28 AM

Great jBeef, you at least could possibly have a future as our cook.

i may also consider asking you to babysit my kids for stt lessons when I have some like 10 years from now.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:02 AM

I'd like to clarify a few things;

- The dinner was seriously awesome.

- However the alfredo sauce WAS store bought. Only a minor deduction for this though.

- My neighbor found out that not only does beefy think his wife is hot, (whereas daliwoman is only "reasonably attractive"), but that beefy is also the semi-alcoholic neighbor he always wanted.

- Also, beefy, the guy who was a sports stud in high school, raised by a family whose patriarch was a very successful lawyer who always made time for his sons, is under the impression he had it harder growing up than me, the guy whose parents divorced at 3, mom was an alcoholic, was always WAY smaller than his peers, and went to 12 different schools in his first 9 years of school ( I was 4'6 and 68 lbs at the beginning of my freshman year of HS), among a multitude of other things. Ya, right, beefy. Tell me all about the pressures of having rich parents.....

- I was NOT nailing Daliwoman at that time. I was in the hot tub with her from ~11:30 to 12:30, and then nailing her from ~12:41 to 12:43. Then I played Hitman:Blood Money on Xbox 360. Xbox rules....

Daliman
Sexual Pteranodon
Old 07-07-2006, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Daliman
Sexual Pteranodon

[/ QUOTE ]

nice try
Old 07-07-2006, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Daliman
Sexual Pteranodon

[/ QUOTE ]

nice try

[/ QUOTE ]
Bah
Old 07-07-2006, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

- Also, beefy, the guy who was a sports stud in high school, raised by a family whose patriarch was a very successful lawyer who always made time for his sons, is under the impression he had it harder growing up than me, the guy whose parents divorced at 3, mom was an alcoholic, was always WAY smaller than his peers, and went to 12 different schools in his first 9 years of school ( I was 4'6 and 68 lbs at the beginning of my freshman year of HS), among a multitude of other things. Ya, right, beefy. Tell me all about the pressures of having rich parents.....

[/ QUOTE ]

While I may have said this, I definitely don't remember it, and now that the wine has worn off, I find it laughable.