Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 04:30 PM

Default the real 2008 top 5 from each party

Allow me to lay out for everyone the true top 5 2008 presidential candidates in order for each party.

I can assure you that if someone is not on the list they have zero chance of being their party's nominee.

Republicans
1. George Allen
2. Rudy Giuliani
3. John McCain
4. Bill Owens
5. Jeb Bush

Democrats
1. Mark Warner
2. Tom Vilsack
3. Hillary Clinton
4. Bill Richardson
5. Joe Biden
Old 07-21-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: the real 2008 top 5 from each party

I'm a liberal and I semi pay attention to news and stuff and I really really really want to know why people think Hillary is going to 1)run and 2) get any support if she does?

Has ANYONE come out and said they support her? Looking at the posts in the Wesley Clark thread I'd say the answer is no. The Dems really don't support her. I think we really need to chalk her name being thrown around to a bunch of idiot meida folks who are like to hear themselves talk.

*I'm not trying to attack you here [censored], I've heard her name thrown around A TON as well. I'm just wondering why.

**Oh and as a second note, how long do you think it will be before the Dems relize that senators don't win presidential elections anymore?
Old 07-21-2005, 05:00 PM

She has name recognition is immensley popular with the liberal base and may benefit from a Bill's 3rd term type of thing.

That being said I only see her getting the node as a sort of default candidate.

The Democrats will never learn that senators don't get elected President.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:14 PM

Any Republican list that doesn't have Condi Rice is a joke. Bush and Cheney have been grooming her as the replacement for five years. Wouldn't surprise me if she had some experience as Veep before this term is over.

Anyways ... she's so cute when she says she doesn't want the job.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any Republican list that doesn't have Condi Rice is a joke. Bush and Cheney have been grooming her as the replacement for five years. Wouldn't surprise me if she had some experience as Veep before this term is over.

Anyways ... she's so cute when she says she doesn't want the job.

[/ QUOTE ]

She will not run.

She may be a VP candidate
Old 07-21-2005, 06:12 PM

As for McCain while he is leading in the polls right there is no question he has a very big trust deficit to overcome with hardcore Republicans. We just do not know if we can trust him to stick to conservative principles and on issues like the Supreme Court he would be a complete wild card. He can still win though.

What he will need to do is cosy up to a strong conservative as a VP candidate. One possible name Jeb Bush. The scenerio McCain due to his age serves 1 term and hands the reigns over to Jeb.

If GWB gets behind McCain at any point he goes to the top of the list.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:20 PM

I'm beginning to wonder if McCain can get re-elected in Arizona. We don't like him as much here as they do in New York. He gets re-elected locally not because we want him -- it's just that he's a mean MF'er, and has one hell of a lot of power. It takes a lot of something(?) to get your opponents to line up behind you -- yet he does it. It's the Dems that keep pushing McCain. There's a lot of skeletons in that closet, and I don't think he can keep it closed.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm beginning to wonder if McCain can get re-elected in Arizona. We don't like him as much here as they do in New York. He gets re-elected locally not because we want him -- it's just that he's a mean MF'er, and has one hell of a lot of power. It takes a lot of something(?) to get your opponents to line up behind you -- yet he does it. It's the Dems that keep pushing McCain. There's a lot of skeletons in that closet, and I don't think he can keep it closed.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would help him alot if Hillary becomes the clear cut favorite to win the Democratic node and serious threat to winning a general election.

However if given a choice between moderate candidates Rudy has for more support even among "extreme" conservatives like Pat Robertson who has stated he thinks Rudy would make a "great President." He was not at all flattering to McCain.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However if given a choice between moderate candidates Rudy has for more support even among "extreme" conservatives ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Republican support for McCain is weak -- it's the MSM that love him. I think conservatives want Hillary to run as bad as libs want McCain to run -- probably because, in the end, neither could carry their party [to victory]. They're both political illusions whose chance for success is more in their own mind, driven by the media and the sycophants they invariably surround themselves with.

Condi '08 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2005, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However if given a choice between moderate candidates Rudy has for more support even among "extreme" conservatives ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Republican support for McCain is weak -- it's the MSM that love him. I think conservatives want Hillary to run as bad as libs want McCain to run -- probably because, in the end, neither could carry their party [to victory]. They're both political illusions whose chance for success is more in their own mind, driven by the media and the sycophants they invariably surround themselves with.

Condi '08 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I for one like McCain a lot even though if elected he bound to piss me off like no other. He is one of the few Republicans with clout actually taking on the absurd amounts of spending going on in Washington.

Also I don't doubt his committment to national security.

My biggest concern with him is his position in gun ownership rights.