Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 03:31 AM

Default Bonus v. Rakeback

My current situation is pretty simple. I play on one site, FTP, and I receive 27% rakeback.

I went to bonuswhoring.com, read the 101, and it seems like I'm missing out on some good deals. I just have a few questions about the whole "bonus whoring" before I start to become a poker site [censored].

First, I'm assuming that the greatest benefit of bonus over rakeback is that you'll get to x amount of $$ quicker via bonus than rakeback. So while it may take you 500 hands to get your $50 bonus, it could take you 1,000 hands to get $50 in rakeback?

For someone who goes from site to site getting the bonuses, there must be an end at some point, right? This is where I'd assume rakeback is good because it will always be there unlike the bonus.

Anyways, I'm just looking for some suggestions on what to do. I would prefer sites where I could use poker tracker, and sites that have O8 games. So where's my best place to go and take advantage of some bonuses? I would think sites like Absolute, Poker Stars and Bodog might work well. Is it possible to get rakeback and bonuses at the same time? Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:29 AM

Default Re: Bonus v. Rakeback

you name all the feces sites for bonus and rakeback...lol.

you must be usa player.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:24 AM

I sure am
Old 06-29-2007, 09:27 AM

What's so "American" about the signup bonus at Absolute. 100% up to $500? Seems pretty good to me.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
100% up to $500? Seems pretty good to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you only think about bonuswhoring then the % and $ doesn't matter as much as what you need to do to get the bonus
Old 06-29-2007, 11:50 AM

lessu is right, pay more attention to how many points u need to clear each dollar of the bonus, like 3x, 5x, etc...

a lot of bonuses are brutal to clear when u account for this factor, so remember, it's not the amount only, but u have to figure in how much u'll need in clearing it as well...
Old 06-29-2007, 01:04 PM

Gotcha. I had read about that but just never mentioned it. So I guess the Absolute deal would be 4x (4 points = $1, and a point is a hand where you see flop that's raked .50 or more)
Old 06-29-2007, 01:19 PM

I'm just looking at this time to do a few very basic bonus collections. My choices will be limited, as I'll only be playing bigger sites with PT compatibility, and also sites which have O8 games running. That probably leaves me with just Full Tilt (where I currently have rakeback), Absolute (100% up to $500 deposit bonus, 4x), Poker Stars (100% up to $50, 10x) and Ultimate Bet (100% up to $650, 10x)

I'm looking into getting rakeback in Absolute (30%) and UB (30%) as well.

With this criteria, if anyone has any suggestions on any other worthwhile bonuses, I'd appreciate it. I'll also be keeping my eyes open for any reload bonuses. Unfortunately, being a US player, all of these bonuses will count against rakeback, but it's still worth it since it comes in quicker than the 30% or so does.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:48 PM

Make sure you get an affiliate sign-up bonus for Stars. You can get EITHER an affiliate kickback OR rakeback at many sites...since there is no rakeback at Stars, get a kickback. PSO's is currently the best one...12,000 PSO Points = $120.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:53 PM

remember to sign-up to these sites through an affiliate like poker source online or pokersavvy for example.

Again, if you think about bonuswhoring then you obviously want to maximize your bonuses with minimal requirements so before you sign-up you should check that you get the maximum out with someone who knows these things.

edit: Bobo beat me to it. I type/think so slow