Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2006, 09:51 AM

Default Test Account

Are we going to start getting PMs for bannings and unbannings again? PLEASE say no.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Test Account

[ QUOTE ]
Are we going to start getting PMs for bannings and unbannings again? PLEASE say no.

[/ QUOTE ]

All of the additions will be well worth it. I'm going to see about turning off the notifications for the greens. It looks like it will be simple enough to do so.

I'll make a more detailed post about some of the new stuff in a bit.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:40 AM

New stuff:

1. Notifications are back, but they will probably be turned off for greens in the near future.

2. Mods can now specify a ban's duration.

3. Users can once again see the 'reason' their accounts have been locked. When they try to login, the system displays the listed reason and the time remaining (if it's a suspension). In addition to this, banned users receive an e-mail notification that contains all of the same information. They will also be notified by e-mail if their accounts are manually unbanned.

The comments box should continue to be used for notes about a poster. But the box provided for the ban reason needs to be used whenever someone bans an account. Just be aware that whatever you list in that box will also be sent to the banned poster.

Please post in this thread if you encounter any bugs.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:43 AM

2 and 3 are good, I hate 1.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:06 AM

2 and 3 are definitely good. I wouldn't mind 1 as much if I didn't get an e-mail with every PM. This just feels like it's going to flood my mailbox.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2 and 3 are definitely good. I wouldn't mind 1 as much if I didn't get an e-mail with every PM. This just feels like it's going to flood my mailbox.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I didn't get notification e-mails, but did have the PM's in my box. I don't mind the flashing envelope too much, that's no big deal to me.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
New stuff:

1. Notifications are back, but they will probably be turned off for greens in the near future.

2. Mods can now specify a ban's duration.

3. Users can once again see the 'reason' their accounts have been locked. When they try to login, the system displays the listed reason and the time remaining (if it's a suspension). In addition to this, banned users receive an e-mail notification that contains all of the same information. They will also be notified by e-mail if their accounts are manually unbanned.

The comments box should continue to be used for notes about a poster. But the box provided for the ban reason needs to be used whenever someone bans an account. Just be aware that whatever you list in that box will also be sent to the banned poster.

Please post in this thread if you encounter any bugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 & 3 sound great, 1 is TERRIBLE. Please turn off feature 1 as soon as you can, I find these pms unnecessary and VERY annoying.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:44 PM

I like the idea of PM notifications to Mods for Ban/Unbans!
Old 01-04-2006, 12:54 PM

If you had to read each of these pms, I could understand how annoying that would be. However, the new banning messages can be checked and deleted unread. This only takes a couple seconds. The upside is that if you recognize the name of a banned or unbanned poster and are curious about the reasons, you can choose to investigate. Given this, is it really that terrible?
Old 01-04-2006, 12:58 PM

I see that I'm not getting the e-mail notifications of the banning PM's. Just getting the PM notification is no biggie for me. All is well. Carry on.