Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 06:21 AM

Default I\'m quitting, this time I\'m 100% positive.

I did the one thing I never thought I'd do. I lost like 5 buy-ins at my normal limit, took 90% of my roll stuck it on the tables and lost. It was a horrible mistake and I feel so sick for being a god damn degenerate. What's done is done, I've shown a complete lack of self control and for the best of me it's time to quit and say goodbye to this game forever. I've had enough poker for one lifetime and am happy to say I walk away a winner. I'm not completey broke, but my bankroll definitely is.

Acting emotionally is part of human nature and is big part of what I am, unfortunately acting emotionally to this game is very draining, and my personality is not meant to deal with a game filled with so much variance.

I hope nobody ends up blowing their bankroll up like me; if I could leave some advice it'd be to not just read about self control in the posts here or by that steve pavalina guy(SP), but practice it religiously. Hah maybe that was kinda cliche' but I'm kinda drunk, in a way I'm broke, and don't really care if I come off as unintelligent.

I'm in the dumps right now, and don't need to be kicked when I'm down, so if you got some smart comment to make just keep it to yourself.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Re: I\'m quitting, this time I\'m 100% positive.

Hey man!!! Sorry to hear that. A word of advice from somebody that has done the same thing(more than once) Its probably a good idea to quit for a while. Save a small roll and jump back on the wagon. Well anyways, good luck to you in life whether you decide to play again or not.
Duecesful
Old 07-21-2007, 05:14 PM

Ive done it, and it sucks!
I lost in the by one place for a WSOP seat....went on monkey tilt and decided that NL1000 was the place to be, I'll just win the money for my seat! (3000 dollar roll) Later that night, with a 250 dollar bank roll, I logged off for the night. I still am upset at myself, but I'm back where I was, and went from NL50-NL100-NL200 (Monkey Tilt was early June)
I havent touched a big table since, and will not!
Take some time off, cool down, and decide if you are disciplined enough to not do it again!
Good Luck.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:52 PM

I stuck 90% of my bankroll on a table before, twice actually. Both time's I was a substantial winner then cashed out right after (around 300K total). Win some lose some I guess.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:45 PM

I've done it too, live and learn, my game is better for taking shots above my bankroll, it showed me the game is the same at higher limits, just more nuanced... kind of like in Hoosiers when they go to State Finals hahah.

Don't beat yourself up too much, it's just money, it's more about how you play, and you learned how monkey tilt works. Now you're a better player, why would you want to quit now that your wise, just cool down.