Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 01:20 PM

Default FTP 10+.50 2TBL HU TOURN. Set Vs. maybe a str8?

This hand happened at the final table of this 4- man hu match.
Hero t2495
villain t3505
Blinds @ 40/80
Hero is the Button.
my read on this oppnent is that his bets are very reliable tells, he min bet bottom pair all they way to the river twice, checked it down to the river and tried to bluff with 2x the pot bet 3x. and almost never raised pre flop. if he hit top pair he bets the pot 100% of the time.

Hero is delt
6c6d
hero raises to 240
Villain calls 240
Flop.
6h,10c,As
villain checks
hero bets 300
villan calls 300
turn 7c
villain bets 500
hero calls 500
river 9h
villain bets 1000
Hero?????????
IMO the only hand i really can put him on is A-x. thinking that his ace is good.maybe two pair.
my first reaction is of course to push the remainder of whats left of my chips here 1500 or so, but im worried buy his betting patterns. i really didnt want to see that 9 come off. any suggestions?
Old 06-21-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Re: FTP 10+.50 2TBL HU TOURN. Set Vs. maybe a str8?

Id push the turn for sure, he clearly has something strong (likely Ax like you said, my guess is two pair) it almost looks like hes trying to trap you with his line so far. I get what you were trying to do by calling the turn but I think raising is just better because there are going to be a lot of cards that are going to slow him down with his non-two pair ace hands anyways so you may as well raise while the board looks relatively safe to him and I think it better represents having a one pair type hand that just wants to get committed by pushing.

As you played it I strongly believe he has like AT most of the time on the river way more than he ever has a 9 and I think its fairly likely he will call a push given the pot odds so I push for value.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:16 PM

According to the range you put him on 78 is not possible, and it looks like the only non-set that beats you is A8. Would T8 do this??

Edit:

And yea, I would push the turn here ideally, but it looks like you're pretty profitable pushing the river as played.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:11 PM

As it turns out, my sometimes nit-like play style worked out as i folded to his bet, and he actually shoed me the 10-8.lol. i said nothing other than good hand and went on to crush until i got my kk in agianst A2 and well yo know the rest. still i think that i read the situation well, but i agree that i should have pushed the turn and made him react to my raise.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:13 PM

I think folding the river is pretty heinous with the read you gave but I could understand if maybe your read was hard to verbalize.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:27 AM

I LOOKED INTO HIS SOUL!!!!!... na really my gut just told me that i was beat. when that nine hit i just had this sick feeling that i was goona go broke here, even tho my typical read on him would have caused me to push or call, i just listened to my gut for once, and it just so happend i was right for once. im sure bad folds will follow in the near future...lol
Old 06-22-2007, 02:39 PM

Yea, I really can't see how you didn't push that turn, I think it's imperative to at least throw in a committing raise there, don't like the call at all, but kudos to you if you think you got away from an 8 on the river, but I think I'm in it for the raise on the river 9 times out of 10, an 8 just doesn't fit very well... but again, I wouldn't be in that situation cause most of my $ goes in on the turn ;p.