Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2006, 08:29 PM

Default TR: very bizarre sequence

So I order some food from this italian place in vegas, and I realize I left my wallet in my car. I go to my car, and as I'm getting it, this guy who lives upstairs approaches me. He's in his mid 20's, and I've met him once before and made small talk.

He asks me if I play on Party Poker, and when I say yes, he says he noticed it on my computer when he walked by my window. He then asked me if I played seriously and when I said yes, asked me how much I made per day. I gave him a wishy washy answer because I was a little worried about being targeted for a robbery and just said that it varies (lol variance). He pressed me further and I just said that I make enough to pay the bills.

He then told me that his friend plays a lot and he wants to learn. I told him that its a fun game (again noncommital responses, just wanted to get my wallet and go inside). He then asked me if I would teach him. I said maybe sometimes, who knows, and he just said ok bye and left. Very weird, imo. FWIW, he seemed like a nice guy first time I met him, and got same impression this time. Regardless, WTF???

Then I come inside to my apartment and my phone rings. It's the delivery guy, and he says that he's at my gate. I asked him if I needed to talk to the security guy and he said no, some guy attacked him and wanted me to come outside. He said he called the police, but this guy was bothering him and he was afraid the guy would be waiting for him.

I didn't really know what to do. I asked him if he wanted me to come out to get the food, but he said no just to deal with this guy. I'm a pussy, so I just said that he should wait for the police. There's no way I was ready to go out and possibly have a confrontation with some crazy guy. I'll get into a fight that I know I'm going to lose if it involves my friends...but not the random guy bringing my food. The delivery guy told me that the security guards at the gate would not help him...????

Anyways, he said he'd call me in a minute, and 5 mins later was at my door. I asked him what happened, and he said some guy in a car just got out of it and tried to break his window, apparently right at my guard gate. He said he was gonna go back and wait for the police, or try to get this guy's license plate number. A lot of things don't really make sense here, but it was a very weird situation.

CLIFFS NOTES: random guy apparently sees PP on my computer through window, asks me to teach him. delivery guy gets attacked outside my apartment.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:32 PM

Default Re: TR: very bizarre sequence

God is toying with you.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:34 PM

Default Re: TR: very bizarre sequence

[ QUOTE ]

He asks me if I play on Party Poker, and when I say yes, he says he noticed it on my computer when he walked by my window. He then asked me if I played seriously and when I said nah I just blow off steam, it's rigged, he left me alone.

[/ QUOTE ]