Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2006, 02:14 PM

Default Neteller withdrawal problems

Six days ago on the 3rd October I emailed Neteller and asked them to do a wire transfer to my bank, just as I have done many times before. On the 4th I received an email stating "Please rest assured that the request has been received on our end and we will process the transfer on the next business day."

Today, five days later, the money is still in my Neteller account which is causing me problems because it needs to be somewhere else. I have spoken to Neteller who cannot tell me why they haven't moved the money and claim that everyone
who deals with wire transfers is on holiday today and they cannot tell me when I will receive the money, if at all.

As you can imagine, I am very concerned about this as I have quite a lot of money on neteller. Is anyone else having similar problems getting money from neteller? I am starting to wonder if there is a rush on funds after the recent legislation and they cannot cover the withdrawals
Old 10-09-2006, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Neteller withdrawal problems

An update:

I have contacted neteller again and spoken to someone else (who is not on holiday). Apparently Neteller is no longer prepared to handle wire requests by email and you are only allowed to transfer the money by requesting it on their website. Furthermore, you can only do a bank transfer to a a registered bank account and that bank account has to be in your country of residence. So as I live in the UK and have a US dollar account in the US, I can no longer transfer money from neteller to my bank account, which is a complete pain. Instead I can only request a check (which has to be in sterling) and then send that check to my US account (which is in dollars) therefore paying two sets of exchange costs for a transfer that previously was a straight dollar to dollar move.

This also means that you cannot use neteller to transfer money to an offshore account - which is also a pain to anyone without a very basic financial situation.

Fortunately I have managed to find someone prepared to do a one-off manual wire transfer (many thanks to him) which will ease my current problem but that still doesn't solve the long term issues.

Can anyone recommend an alternative method of holding money online in dollars without the new restrictions imposed by neteller. I especially need to be able to transfer poker winnings around in whatever currencies and countries I need to.

Steve
Old 10-09-2006, 04:08 PM

Deposit to a pokersite at sample Party and than withdrawal it from Party to your bank. A cashout $$ from Party to Europe/ EUR was no problem so far. You only need your IBAN -number ( international bank account number)
Old 10-09-2006, 06:21 PM

Can't you get Neteller to send you a cheque in dollars?
Old 10-10-2006, 04:33 AM

No, I asked about that. Because I live in the UK, they will only send me a check in sterling.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:47 AM

I have been getting memberwire transfers to my New Zealand bank account, are you saying they no longer do that?

What about using the neteller card?
Old 10-10-2006, 07:22 AM

From what they told me yesterday, you can only wire to an account in your home country, even though I have been wiring to the US for years. I suggest you contact them and check before you end up in my situation.

I have found the neteller card to be expensive and often hard work. For example, the first time I transferred money to it, they converted it into canadian dollars (even though I am in the UK and my neteller account is in US dollars). I am rapidly losing faith in neteller and I need to find an alternative.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:28 AM

Fuchida, very curious to know how this worked out for you, and what alternate arrangements you are pursuing, if any. Please post an update.

Have you considered an offshore account? As a UK resident with US dollar accounts I would think one might be helpful to you. You could fund poker sites by direct deposit from the offshore account I would think.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:58 AM

On the 2nd of October I requested a chashout form party poker to be wired into my account throught the IGM Pay via E check, I followed up with them yesterday Oct 9th and they said it was processed on the 3rd and will take 3 to 7 business days. All of my cashouts in the past have taken no more than 2 business days. Does anyone know why all of a sudden it is taking so much longer?
Old 10-10-2006, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From what they told me yesterday, you can only wire to an account in your home country, even though I have been wiring to the US for years. I suggest you contact them and check before you end up in my situation.

I have found the neteller card to be expensive and often hard work. For example, the first time I transferred money to it, they converted it into canadian dollars (even though I am in the UK and my neteller account is in US dollars). I am rapidly losing faith in neteller and I need to find an alternative.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe this is a dumb question, but why don't you just wire it to your UK account?