Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2006, 03:37 PM

Default WCOOP the New WSOP

So I got to thinking with it being time for the WCOOP and everything. I think there is a good chance that the WCOOP might become the new WSOP for a lot of the other non holdem games. They have better structure IMO then most of the WSOP events, it is easier to play them (from your home instead of flying to vegas etc) they are cheaper in buy in, but produce large prizes. They aren't as big as most of the WSOP events, but I think they will continue to grow. To guys that play the non holdem games I think this will become our WSOP. Thoughts?
Old 09-17-2006, 05:27 PM

Default Re: WCOOP the New WSOP

If you mean the old WSOP before the poker explosion... yes. However what "makes" the WSOP now is the TV coverage from ESPN.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:00 PM

The WCOOP has been more important than the WSOP to me for 3 years now. But that's just because I don't care about playing live and have never wanted to. Sure, the $50K HORSE event is cool, but it's such a ridiculously tough field, I can't understand why anyone who doesn't play the big game regularly would play in it (unless someone else paid their buyin).

I think it would be awesome if they made the main event and a HORSE event with a 2-day structure and buyins of $5K or more. That would really give it a more "major event" feel. And playing straight through until 6-7 am ET really discourages Europeans.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The WCOOP has been more important than the WSOP to me for 3 years now. But that's just because I don't care about playing live and have never wanted to. Sure, the $50K HORSE event is cool, but it's such a ridiculously tough field, I can't understand why anyone who doesn't play the big game regularly would play in it (unless someone else paid their buyin).

I think it would be awesome if they made the main event and a HORSE event with a 2-day structure and buyins of $5K or more. That would really give it a more "major event" feel. And playing straight through until 6-7 am ET really discourages Europeans.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but on the other hand, theres a lot of big baller internet guys who dont even bother with the wsop madness and might play wcoop b/c they dont have to move from their leather bottoms. and a lot of them dont have the faces you'd recognize either, which makes it even tougher.