Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2006, 01:35 AM

Default trips bad kicker vs. unknown

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, intending to call
Old 07-27-2006, 01:37 AM

Default Re: trips bad kicker vs. unknown

I would play it the same.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:38 AM

That flop seems like such a standard check-raise. Why'd you donk it? I'm also not sold on the turn donk. I feel like you are only going to be raised by a better hand here. Were you afraid he'd check-through the turn or river?
Old 07-27-2006, 01:42 AM

I probably would have slowed down sooner, but I'm not used to 10/20 aggression.

In any event, in the language of 5/10 and below, it seems like you've told him pretty clearly you have a K. So I'm thinking he either has one as well or he thinks you're lying.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That flop seems like such a standard check-raise. Why'd you donk it? I'm also not sold on the turn donk. I feel like you are only going to be raised by a better hand here. Were you afraid he'd check-through the turn or river?

[/ QUOTE ]

flop I think I can bet/3bet like always. I would c/r if I thought I was only getting raised by like JJ+ or so.

turn donk is pot control.. i decided i wanted 2-3 bets to go in on the big streets - if I check turn it could easily end up one bet.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

flop I think I can bet/3bet like always. I would c/r if I thought I was only getting raised by like JJ+ or so.

turn donk is pot control.. i decided i wanted 2-3 bets to go in on the big streets - if I check turn it could easily end up one bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok both of these make sense. I like how you played it, in that case.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:16 AM

I would have called the flop raise and c/r the turn.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:44 AM

i've been getting insta-donked on paired board flops so I like the flop donk as it might seem weak to ur opponents (if that makes sense).

I would probably call c/r the turn as well, but I think your line is fine.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have called the flop raise and c/r the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

call down a turn 3bet?

this might be good but.. it only get's an extra .5 bet when we're ahead and seems like it lets him get away from a worse hand pretty easily -- and kill us when when we're out kicked (you may spend four bets on big streets to show down, I spend three at the most - i save .5 bet when I lose). I think the real key is -- how often does he fold to turn c/r.

not that it matters much.. but he checked through on the river with something like A7o. so wtf