Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2006, 05:50 PM

Default Best way to pwn Ebay

So what is teh best way to learn and pwn Ebay??

Do I buy books? if so which books?
Do i search for a forum/would I find anything as good as 2+2?
I have no idea where to start, So far im hearing arbitrage and scalping tickets. I have no idea what im doing...
Old 10-05-2006, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Best way to pwn Ebay

[ QUOTE ]
and scalping tickets. I have no idea what im doing...

[/ QUOTE ]

Scalping is a 30% luck and 70% research. Right now I'm sweating 20 Brad Paisley/Carrie Underwood floor tickets. I won't make any money unless the concert sells out or comes close to a sell out. Then, I put them up on ebay and reap the rewards. Not a sell out? I'll be lucky to break even.

You've got to watch ticketmaster, venue sites, and ebay daily and get the 'feel' for what is selling and what is not.

Alot of venues have 'pre-sales', where they sell up to half the house 3 days before the tickets go on sale to the general public. The way you find out about pre-sales is to visit each venues' website and they usually have a place to sign-up for email alerts. Most people don't know or don't bother to care.

Other scalpers become 'VIP' or Fan Club memebers for artists or groups. You then get a special day to buy tickets before the general public.

Sometimes it time consuming, but usually its worth it.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Best way to pwn Ebay

if u can buy tix to a show that has seats and u can get front 5 rows, then u are pretty much guaranteed to make money on them, even if the concert doesn't sell out

if u buy to a general admission (floor), then u need to make sure the concert will sell out

to get front 5 row tix, u need to get in on pre-sales

some sources to sign up with to get notices of pre-sales:

all local radio station websites (could do other cities as well, actually)
popular bands' (hopefully that will have seats, not floor mosh pit tix) fan clubs, e-teams, street teams, etc
local venues' websites (could do other cities as well, actually)

u can prolly think of others

the more u can think of and u sign up for, the more notices u'll get....whenever u get a notice, try to buy the first minute of the pre-sale and buy if u get front 5 rows, don't if u get further back unless u know it'll sell out