Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 11:27 AM

Default Interesting Hand

Here is a hand from a month or so ago that I just remembered, was at end of 35ish hour session at Canterbury 15-30, was a fairly TAG game / with a few passive players at the table, my image at the table is pretty LAGGY, I have played some hands funky and made sure to show them down.

All fold to real LAGGY player who raises in MP, I have only played with this guy about 2-3 times before and do not have much of a read on him, i call A6 os in CO all fold to BB who calls. Flop is K 10 8 rainbow, BB leads, villian calls, hero calls. Turn is a 3, BB check, villian check, hero bets. BB Folds, Villian thinks for a little bit and raises, this raise looks really fishy here and hero 3 bets, villian takes about 35 seconds before calling. River is a 6 villian checks and hero bets, villian calls.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Interesting Hand

To be clear....you're bluffing the river, right? I dont' much get his line either but I'm pretty damned sure the river bet is a bluff.

Pre-flop is bad, IMO. I 3 bet here if I'm playing. The flop is atrocious. I fold here even when I'm sleeping.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:31 AM

fold pf
Old 07-02-2007, 11:49 AM

Just remembered board was K J 8 3 6, I am pretty sure that the turn brought the flush draw but am not positive.

I agree preflop is very loose and flop even looser, only called flop to bluff turn if i sensed weakness, and given the BB was pretty scared and showed it, ie just like this hand he would not lead w/ out top pair on turn here. Villian was only wild card so when he checked i felt pretty good, riverbet was a bluff because I thought he might have had a pair of 8s or something w/ a draw.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:15 PM

a6 is probably one of the worst hands to cold call pf here with.. and a KTx board is not a good flop to float on either with this hand especially against 2 opps...

i would just give up after getting c/r.. there aren't many hands that would c/r/f the turn which means it's going to be a very expensive bluff...
Old 07-02-2007, 04:29 PM

My advice would be 1) to not play 35ish-your sessions--very difficult to play your best being awake that long; 2) to never cold-call from the cut-off, certainly not with A-6; 3) to not play on with A-6 when the flop if K-T-8 and there's already a bet and a call; and 4) to not try to make a play at the pot when your image is LAGGY, they know you've been playing for 35ish hours, and the game is fairly TAG.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:45 PM

Simply awful.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i would just give up after getting c/r.. there aren't many hands that would c/r/f the turn which means it's going to be a very expensive bluff...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well this was my main question w/ the hand I mean I know that I should have never been in after the flop, but like I said only reason I called is that the BB would usually feeler bet any flop but wouldn't lead out on turn unless he was pretty confident, especially w/ more than one caller, the villian seemed to be more of a grinder and I feel he had same read as me, w/ me just calling the flop and BB checking I feel he would have bet top pair or a set here.

Considering also that I haven't yet once led out in this hand, so his c/r was very suspicious, I think he would of just called w/ middle pair, this is why I 3/bet him and was fairly convinced I would take it down right there but after the hesistant call I had to fire again on the river.

Did I play turn ok?
Old 07-02-2007, 09:01 PM

this from the guy who recommended folding a flop of all clubs holding the Kc? LOL

anyways every street is bad imo.

this has gotta be a gimmick account
Old 07-03-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Well this was my main question w/ the hand I mean I know that I should have never been in after the flop, but like I said only reason I called is that the BB would usually feeler bet any flop but wouldn't lead out on turn unless he was pretty confident, especially w/ more than one caller, the villian seemed to be more of a grinder and I feel he had same read as me, w/ me just calling the flop and BB checking I feel he would have bet top pair or a set here.

Considering also that I haven't yet once led out in this hand, so his c/r was very suspicious, I think he would of just called w/ middle pair, this is why I 3/bet him and was fairly convinced I would take it down right there but after the hesistant call I had to fire again on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like the thinking process of someone who's been up for 36 hours straight playing poker.