Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 08:52 PM

Default Non-U.S. Business Schools

I was poking around on Forbes website today and I found an article on the top foreign business schools in the world.

Link

I'm 23 years old and live in Chicago. I have every intention of going to grad school though I always figured it would be local like Northwestern or Chicago. After looking at some of the schools listed here I might change my plans a bit. Moving to a different country for two years for school sounds awesome but I have a few questions and I hope this forum can get me some answers.

Do American based companies look favorably on Non-US MBA's? I don't know if what country the degree comes from has an influence on positions/salaries down the road. Next, I would only want to move for the time that I spent in school. Would become a factor for a foreign school to accept me? Would they even have the same type of studies? I would imagine a study of finance in China would be much different than a study of finance in America.

I really have no knowledge on this subject at all so any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:45 AM

Default Re: Non-U.S. Business Schools

I'm actually a little surprised by their list. But that's not the point, there are some really really good B-schools on that list. I'm sure that most companies would look favorably on you having foreign experience as it generally leads to a much more worldly, well rounded candidate.

However, I would say if you have the ability or means to be attending schools such as Northwestern or Chicago, you would probably be much better off doing that from a post-graduation financial perspective.

This is just my opinion, if you think it would be a good experience to attend a top foreign school then I would probably do it anyway regardless of other considerations.