Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Small Blind vs Big Blind

Hi All,

This is a short handed 10/20 game (4 players). Villian is LAG and tricky. It is folded to me in the SB and I have 99

I raise and am immediately called.

The flop is Kd 7d 3c

I bet and am immediately re-raised. This player is tough because he would do this with either a flush draw, a K, or, most likely a 7. To make matters worse, this player will not slowdown if you re-raise on the flop.

I re-raise and villian calls. The turn is an 8c.

I bet and he raises! I call.

The river is the 9d. At this point, I like this card because I believe his turn raise indicated a K. That said, I have seen him play flush draws this way before.
Anyway, I decide to bet, and he raises. I am not sure I should call this river raise but it sure seemed like the pot was too big to drop a set. On the other hand, it seems unlikely he would raise at this point with just a K. I decide to call (I think correctly) and it turns out he has Qd3d for the winning flush. Any ideas on how I should play this or what to do with this villian. He is a tough customer in my opinion!

Thanks ahead for any help.

Pitcher
Old 05-21-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Small Blind vs Big Blind

I think you played it perfectly. On the flop he is probably raising any pair, any flush draw, maybe some gutshot straight draws, or some Ace-hi hands - your 99 is crushing this range, so 3-betting and leading the turn is automatic for me.

On the river I would check-raise if the 9 were not a diamond. Since it is, I like bet/call.