$100 for winning a $5 SNG
$350 for folding in the weekly

Nice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2006, 01:10 PM

Default Re: PP Monster Cash

not bad, a lot better than what i was expecting
Old 10-13-2006, 01:15 PM

This is a joke. There are not 8000 grand final tickets, not even close, therefor the the value should be higher, by alot. But Party wins (very short term), player loose.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a joke. There are not 8000 grand final tickets, not even close, therefor the the value should be higher, by alot. But Party wins (very short term), player loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is highway robbery. They are basing this off the max entries instead of how many entries they actually had. They are basically stealing the difference.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:26 PM

Stealing, raking, it's all the same to them.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:27 PM

Heh, funny...from my PartyAccount:

"Unfortunately, due to recent changes in the laws of the United States, we will not be able to let you wager in our real money games, including freerolls. This is because you are registered with our cashier with an address in the United States. To convert your unused Monster freerolls to cash as per below click on the Convert Freerolls button:"

Ehm no, I'm from Norway, lol.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is highway robbery. They are basing this off the max entries instead of how many entries they actually had. They are basically stealing the difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless I'm mistaken...they aren't taking that much right? They put the EV of the 7000 Final Monster into the Monthly and Weekly. Those are worth way more than any of us expected Party to give.

Edit: Nevermind. I don't think the EV of the weeklies and monthlies is nearly enough.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless I'm mistaken...they aren't taking that much right? They put the EV of the 7000 Final Monster into the Monthly and Weekly. Those are worth way more than any of us expected Party to give.

Edit: Nevermind. I don't think the EV of the weeklies and monthlies is nearly enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was signed up for every weekly. More than half of them had under 100 people registered and they were all 100k gtd tourneys.

There were 24 weekly tourneys. Lets say that this weeks had 2500 people signed up, next weeks had 600, the week after that 500, and call the remaining 21 at 100 each. These are fairly reasonable estimates, not exact because party has taken down the real numbers. There were a fair number that had less than 50 entrants.

2500 + 600 + 500 + (21 * 100) = 5700 entries into 24 weekly monsters.

24 * $100k = 2.4 million

2.4 million / 5700 entrants = $421 per weekly

and that is before factoring in the future ev of the monthly and final. Where is all the money going?
Old 10-13-2006, 01:54 PM

TNM, to be fair, your numbers are slightly skewed as people like me factor in. I had a ticket unused to one of each level. However, I was not registered officially for the weekly or the monthly yet.

That said, while your numbers there may be low, I definitely see what you're saying. No way they have all those monthly tickets used. At best there were maybe 5000 on top of the 7700 that used their monthly tickets in the first one?

-Top 2000 from each weekly got tickets to a monthly.
-There were...8 weeklies?
-That means that only 16000 had monthly tickets.
-7700 or so were used on the first Monthly, therefore have no EV.
-That means that the Monthly tickets should only be AT MOST divided up among like 8200 people.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was signed up for every weekly. More than half of them had under 100 people registered and they were all 100k gtd tourneys.

There were 24 weekly tourneys. Lets say that this weeks had 2500 people signed up, next weeks had 600, the week after that 500, and call the remaining 21 at 100 each. These are fairly reasonable estimates, not exact because party has taken down the real numbers. There were a fair number that had less than 50 entrants.

2500 + 600 + 500 + (21 * 100) = 5700 entries into 24 weekly monsters.

24 * $100k = 2.4 million

2.4 million / 5700 entrants = $421 per weekly

and that is before factoring in the future ev of the monthly and final. Where is all the money going?

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems like you're only counting the people who actually registered whereas Party is paying everyone who has unused tickets whether they registered to play them or not. Lots of people don't sign up in advance because they aren't sure if they going to play.