Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2007, 11:09 PM

Default Looking for site to trade on?

First sorry for the newbie question.
Thinking about doing some swing trading. Looking to start with about a 5K roll. Not sure exactly what I want to trade yet. Going to only risk losing 100-150 per trade. Looking for low cost with good service. Any thoughts or advice?
Old 02-25-2007, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Looking for site to trade on?

I currently have my money @ scottrade. $7 trades and you can trade options here too. Have had no problems with it so far. Zecco offers free trades, havent used it myself tho.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Looking for site to trade on?

Low cost and "good" service are mutually exclusive. They can't spend a lot of time/$ chatting with everyone and still be low cost.

For people who don't need their hand held and will generate a large quantity of trades, especially options stuff, I recommend Interactive Brokers. Low commissions & top notch software offerings. The downside is a monthly minimum commission that may be too high for some people with small rolls and/or a desire to buy and hold.

If you want a tad more hand holding, I had a pleasant experience with TD Waterhouse before they merged with Ameritrade, but I have no point of comparison.