Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 03:33 PM

Default AA facing shortstack all-in with one player behind

CO is a typical bad short stack micro player, no reads on the other villain.

Obviously, the short stacks all-in is an insta-call if there isn't another player to act. BB's cold call on the flop isn't that odd, but when it's followed by a cold-call on the turn, it's really really suspicious.

Now, this hand might seem pretty standard, but I *know* a ton of you uNL players have trouble getting away from AA or KK just because the quality of play is so atrocious that it's easy to put both players on a queen, a club draw + pair, J10, or even a naked club draw. I'm almost certain that the short stack has a pair of queens, JJ or 1010.

So wtf do I do.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($37.95)
CO ($14.55)
Button ($39.55)
SB ($20.80)
BB ($33.15)
Hero ($30.40)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, MP calls $0.75, CO calls $0.75, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($3.10) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.25</font>, MP folds, CO calls $2.25, BB calls $2.25.

Turn: ($9.85) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $11.55 (All-In)</font>, BB calls $11.55, Hero ??????????
Old 07-07-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: AA facing shortstack all-in with one player behind

I would probably have bet around 7 on the turn, but after the all-in and call, i think it's more likely that you are up against a set than a flush draw and a hand like AQ or KQ. I don't think a call is horrible, I just lean towards folding.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:44 PM

Raise more preflop. Make it $1 to go
Definately bet the turn. As played c/r all in. There is just too much money in the pot
Old 07-07-2007, 03:47 PM

Oh yeah, I kinda forgot about raising, didn't look at stack sizes. I guess c/r all in is probably the best play, are we just hoping for AQ and a flush draw/KQ?
Old 07-07-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, I kinda forgot about raising, didn't look at stack sizes. I guess c/r all in is probably the best play, are we just hoping for AQ and a flush draw/KQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm really unsure how often I see two hands I'm ahead of in this spot.....the KQ/AQ or AQ/Flush draw combo are the only way I feel great.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I'm really unsure how often I see two hands I'm ahead of in this spot

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my thought exactly. What are the odds that both these players have one pair or less?
Old 07-07-2007, 08:56 PM

I bet the turn to $7. To me checking on the turn multi way on a relatively dry board is weak.

If you're going to go for a check raise with AA its better to do it HU if you're pretty sure villain will be with a better hand, but since CO is all in you will have a side pot vs. BB which increases your chances of winning that pot and I think you're ahead enough here to make that play.