Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2007, 01:59 PM

Default yet another free SD raise

9 handed 12-24 game.

Villain in this hand is pretty bad, but a little inconsistent. He doesn't play every hand PF, but he'll show up with some absolute garbage sometimes. In a previous hand, he cold-called a cap out of the SB (cold-called 3.5 bets) with utter trash (something like J4o) - he seems to like to call virtually ATC in big pots. Post-flop, he's mostly just loose. I don't yet have a good feel for his PF raising standards, but I think he can definitely raise and re-raise a bit light and he seems bad at hand-reading.

The rest of the table ranges from decent but too loose pre-flop, to just bad. No one else is playing particularly aggressive right now.

My image is sorta unremarkable - I've been playing a fair amount of hands since I've been getting good cards, and I've been winning some and losing others (the losers generally being ui high cards that I haven't shown down).

PF Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
several people limp and MP1 (villain) raises, Hero 3-bets, folds to the limpers who call, villain caps, everyone calls.

Flop Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 players, 16 BB)
limper 1 checks, limper 2 checks, villain bets, hero calls, limper 1 calls, limper 2 folds.

Turn T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players, 8.5 BB)
limper checks, villain bets, hero raises, limper folds, villain calls.

River 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players, 12.5)
villain checks, hero checks.

Any value to the free showdown raise here? I thought I might have as many as 10 outs, I'm probably gonna be forced to showdown just in case villain has AK as well in this huge pot, I might save myself half the pot if I can get the limper to fold an underpair, and I make an extra bet if I catch broadway on the end.

I thought about raising the flop, but no one is folding anything to the flop raise and I didn't think my equity was all that good. Raise anyway?

meh?