Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2007, 11:13 AM

Default \"Get A Life\"....best sitcom ever???

Chris Elliot was the 30+ year-old paper boy living with his parents (eventually moving into Brian Doyle Murray's garage) and jealous of the neighborhood dogs & cats who cast him "condescending looks" thinking they were better than him as he delivered newspapers on his bicycle.

Favorite episode was Chris deciding to become a food inspector after the disgust of pouring a dead rat from his morning cereal box. Brian Doyle Murray got him the job, and Chris was rewarded kickbacks to just "ignore" any infractions (of which there were many). He didn't mind accepting kickbacks at first, but that changed when he found a dirty sweat sock buried in the cheese from his pizza delivery boy. Outraged, Chris reported the corrupt food inspector ring to an FBI agent in a dark room (how do you know I'm Mr. Elliot and not Mrs. Elliot?) because agent's pupils were dilated. Chris faced death threats (burning effigy in yard) and Brian Doyle Murray fled for cover. At the Senate trial, Chris put on a hand puppet show and read aloud from "high school notes" about the solar system. Committee Chair pronounced Chris an idiot and "borderline frightening," seeing fit to investigate anyone who would even hire such a lunatic.

This was 10x funnier than any episode of Married w/Children, and I recall laughing my ass off many a time...