Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 08-03-2007, 01:22 AM

Default Strange Value Bet on Hand NLCASH

Who likes this? I was trying to rep a busted draw i Honestly have no idea if this is good or not. The flow of the game was he just bad beat me in an allin pot and has been running me over since then. Ill post results later.

Full Tilt Poker Game #3137846928: Table Bill (heads up) - $2/$4 - No Limit Hold'em - 1:06:36 ET - 2007/08/03
Seat 1: Villan ($1,043.50)
Seat 2: Hero ($525.50)
Villin posts the small blind of $2
Hero posts the big blind of $4
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [9c Ts]
Villan raises to $12
Hero calls $8
*** FLOP *** [9d 4c 7h]
Hero checks
Villan bets $18
Hero raises to $56
Villian calls $38
*** TURN *** [9d 4c 7h] [4d]
Hero checks
Villian bets $100
Hero has 15 seconds left to act
Hero calls $100
*** RIVER *** [9d 4c 7h 4d] [3h]
Hero has 15 seconds left to act
Hero bets $357.50, and is all in
Old 08-03-2007, 02:07 AM

Default Re: Strange Value Bet on Hand

Way over my head but I'll ask/say a couple things.
Is the guy capable of making this call with much worse than a 9? Perhaps a smaller PP (not many), a worse 9 (not many), a 7 or even Ace high? If so, it may be good for value. If not then it's probably just spew and you're gonna fold out hands that you beat. I don't like it all that much although it's probably not totally abominable and it may looks like genius if you get called by a 7.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:46 AM

Maybe Villian is playing high cards, or smaller PP, but fuld tild has a lot of people who love slowplay.

i like the check/raise in flop, villain raise raise 70% of pot, and i think is tipical movement of high cards, projects , or low pair, but i don't play this level.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:41 AM

was gonna say i liked it, but then i noticed you c/ced turn. this is pretty thin either way, but i think its still good, especially given the flow of the match. however, this isn't the best river to rep a busted draw (the only fd is backdoor and one of the oesds hit). so, how often do you put him on a n overpair or stronger 9?

villain is running you over and may perceive your bluffing % to be higher than it actually is. if you haven't been vbing thin so far its hard for him to put you on a thin value bet. but the kicker is, you've shown strength on a somewhat coordinated flop and he still called and bet the turn.

i;ve been drinking a bit and may not be articulating myself all that well, but i think my general concern is this; his line (calling your c/r and still leading the turn when checked to) may be more indicative of a stronger hand than yours, or a hand with little to no showdown value. if you'd maintained the lead on all streets i think the river shove is much easier. but you gave him an opportunity to check behind with weaker 9s and smaller pps (i.e the type of hands that make hero calls in this spot) and he still came out firing.

im gonna look at this tomorrow and laugh, but thats my stream of consciousness.
edit: i think i put the 2nd paragraph after the 3rd somehow
Old 08-04-2007, 01:47 AM

The only hand in my opinion that calls a shove like that is beating you, but your making it hard for a hand slightly better than yours to call. So depending on what your trying to do here depends on how good or bad the play is. Most players barely pay attetion to games so you've got to remember fancy plays are often just looked at simply by the other player which often leads them to doing what you didn't want to happen. The only hand your beating that could possibley call is 9 8, also 8's they could play the hand this way because of the top pair and a straight draw through out the hand.