Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 06-30-2007, 12:01 PM

Default TT vs passive, gets 4bet, hits set on turn

Villain is 55/9.7/0.8 after 155 hands.

My notes on him are:
bb vs btn open: he donks 79 on J-J-9 flop, just calls a raise (falls for freecard play).

So basically, he's pretty passive.
3bets AQo from SB vs btn open, checks J-3-5 flop

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 18.25 BB
Old 06-30-2007, 01:23 PM

Default Re: TT vs passive, gets 4bet, hits set on turn

Wheres the Q?

I guess looking at it here you should just call the river three bet....but during actual play I play it the same. Sorry that he had AA.

Edit- Actually, Im not sure...half of these type of guys wouldnt cap AA here. Im thinking its maybe as likely some trash like 97s
Old 06-30-2007, 01:54 PM

Yeah, my question was basically if I should cap the river or not.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:34 PM

utg raising 97s is pretty slim. He coudl have A7...but I prefer calling the the 3bet on the riv vs. capping
Old 06-30-2007, 05:58 PM

Played it perfectly, IMO. The guy is 55/9 and he cold capped from the BB... his range has to be something like JJ-AA, and AK. Maybe he was representing the 7 when he bet/3bet the river... but it's pretty unbelievable. If he had a monster, he would be checkraising, you would think. So he donks out with AK, you raise and he 3bets out of frustration... definate cap... only hand in his range that beats us is AA, which he wouldn't have played this way postflop.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:00 PM

Oh...

And I wonder if calling the flop bet is +EV. Really... if this stats are anything to go by, you are drawing very thing. You have 2 backdoor draws, but no odds to peel. I'd think about folding the flop - but would like a better read other than stats.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:18 PM

1. You can safely fold on the flop.
2. River cap is close, but probably okey.
3. Stop playing limits your bankroll cant handle.
4. Try to beat 3/6 and 5/10 consistently before you move up.
5. Work on your tilt control.
6. ???
7. See you at Decode (wont be there next time because I am on vacation)
Old 07-01-2007, 08:55 PM

i think the flop is aproaching thin but probably ok with the 2 back door draws....I think 3 outs with implied odds is decent enough. take away some of the backdoorness...and we have a fairly straight forward fold.

I like the river cap. I think if you all had capped the turn that would change things....but you didnt....so I think a cap is fine. It's hard to put him on anything reasonable other than a fancy AA.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:26 PM

if the turn was capped and he lead the river Id just call . If he cr'd the river after a turn cap id just call then as well.

I think here raising and capping the 3bet is fine since he stop and go'd on the turn. Tough to put him on a hand tho I dont see how we could not raise the river and I cant see the river cap being a problem, ur pretty much at 50% equity immediately with just 99 vs AA and 77 (77 which sometimes folds preflop) so it cant be a large mistake when u throw in the possibility of somethin stupid he capped like A7s. but it mite be slightly -EV. Id definitely feel a bit better capping the river here vs UTG then the BB capper, either way tho it doesnt make much sense for him to play a set this way on the turn, I guess he just wanted to wait for a safe river.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, my question was basically if I should cap the river or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. Looks like he got scared on the turn of the straight.

I call the river 3b and don't even like doing that.