Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2006, 12:02 AM

Default datamining pacific

i know about the handgrabber, but is there a way to get pacific HH's without sitting at the table? i feel like i've heard that it's possible but i can't find how to do it
Old 04-04-2006, 12:09 AM

Default Re: datamining pacific

[ QUOTE ]
i know about the handgrabber, but is there a way to get pacific HH's without sitting at the table? i feel like i've heard that it's possible but i can't find how to do it

[/ QUOTE ]
I am pretty sure the old version of HandGrabber used to do this? Perhaps if you can get the old version, then this is what people are using for mining?

I can only think he was asked/forced to take out the ability to store observed hands, as their is definitely no reason why it can't be done.

I can say this for sure because I myself have decoded the packet format for Pacific using exactly the same idea of sniffing them via WinPCAP (and JPCAP), and it does definitely send the data in the packets just the same. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2006, 04:26 AM

What version are you using? Mine mines observed hands by default.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:04 PM

Am I being dumb here or am I doing something stupid:

I read in a post that Pacific now lets you multi-table, but you need to download the latest version - tried it and couldn't open more than 1 table.

Then today some spam got past my spam filter, and this spam said "you can now play more than 1 table at pacific"...

I used to play a Pacific quite along time ago, but the amazingly juicy games all went bad after they added NL and 6max tables, but maybe if I can multi-table the 6max games then I might go back...

Anybody managed to get their software to multitable, if so can you explain how? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: I just reread the page " New Version - Now Available" and there is no mention of opening multiple tables on that either? Is there some secret beta link like there was for Party, if so can anybody post it plz. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[i]EDIT2: I have managed to answer my own question. Typical hacky buggy Pacific [censored] - Basically you have to totally uninstall your old version, then make sure you ignore the popup asking you to install the new version and click the link which says "new version" on the Pacific homepage...[i]
Old 04-04-2006, 04:42 PM

Default How to get the new multi-tabling version... The three secret steps!

LOL, their is another secret too! Sadly my edit time has run out, but you also need to re-install about 6/7 times to get it:

[ QUOTE ]
ooooooooooooh yeahhhhhhhhhh! i got it! you got to just keep downloading from the site until you get it, it's very clear once you get it trust me. took me about 6/7 goes to get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically the steps to get the new multitabling version are as follows:

1. Uninstall your old version of Pacific.
2. Re-installing making sure you don't use the dialog popup, but do click on the central image which says "New Version" in bright green.
3. Re-install about 6/7 times and eventually it works...

When you finally do get the new version it is easy to tell because it is a shade of light green and the lobby looks totally different.

[i]EDIT: Opened 5 tables, 100% CPU use, "This process is not responding"... now I remember why I left Pacific...
Old 04-04-2006, 05:19 PM

Default Re: How to get the new multi-tabling version... The three secret steps

As far as datamining, I don't think hand grabber works with the multi table version yet.

from the PT forums:
[ QUOTE ]

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:03 pm

Hi Everyone,

A new version of HG with multi-tabling support is underway. Surprisingly, the issues were not THAT bad. I am getting very close. I would expect a new release, hopefully by Saturday.

As usual, I will post an announcement in this forum. Since this one is so big, I will try to have Pat sticky it for awhile too.

Regards,
Scott - the HG guy

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, PAHUD doesn't work with Pacific yet.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:45 PM

I hope they fix it soon.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope they fix it soon.

[/ QUOTE ]
It looks pretty easy to fix IMO: basically they have just clagged on a table index identifier to the start of each packet, all the rest of the packet format looks exactly the same as before.

I too look forward to playing at Pacific again. I left because the fish level had dropped off making 1-tabling unviable, but even GMT daytimes look pretty darn nice atm (compaired to Party). I think "potential winrate" maybe dropped to 50% after NL+6max were introduced, but with 4/5 tabling this could be 200%-250% of what was possible before (in the good old days of Pacific).

Has anybody managed to play 5 tables yet without problems, and if so what machine are you using (100% CPU time for me if I open 5...). Also, I guess GT+ will be broke or work pretty bad now, and are there any plans for PAHUD to support Pacific in the near future?

Old 04-06-2006, 02:58 PM

The new pacific software will support up to 3 tables. Ive been playing today on 3 tables using GT+ with no problems. A bit slow sometimes but no slower than before. You will need the new version of hand grabber first.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The new pacific software will support up to 3 tables. Ive been playing today on 3 tables using GT+ with no problems. A bit slow sometimes but no slower than before. You will need the new version of hand grabber first.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cool, I have got it all working now, but haven't tried using GT+ yet.

I seem to be able to open 5 tables - could I possibly have a different version of the new client? (I haven't deposited or sat down yet though, so maybe I can open 5, but only play 3?)

And to answer Josh's original post, the new version of HandGrabber does save observed hand histories, so it should be possible to mine 5 tables of Pacific now.