Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2006, 04:12 PM

Default A3s - but typical of some of my hands

Hello, mostly lurking - first hand post.

I'm facing these sort of situations where I'm seeing aggression without holding the best hand. I'm guessing I've got MUTBS and sorta want some affirmation that it's ok to jam these more..

No reads on villain, he just sat down.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
Old 04-27-2006, 04:15 PM

Default Re: A3s - but typical of some of my hands

cap every street
Old 04-27-2006, 04:21 PM

Closing the action on the flop, this is an easy reraise. The only possible reason for not reraising if you hope to get calls behind you on the flop. Since that cant happen, reraise. Once UTG folds on the turn, Im betting and capping the turn and river. For the times that you see the straight flush, there are way, way more times you see top pair, two pair, set, lower flush, straight, etc. Your hand is way to good to slow down on this board.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

cap every street

[/ QUOTE ]

There are alot of straight and lower flush draws here that will be happy to bet with you... please let them.

There are two hands that beat you 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] if you play this hand a hundred times think how often you will runinto those versus how many times you will win a huge pot with your nut flush.

PS - welcome!
Old 04-27-2006, 04:35 PM

wtf? why no cap on river?
Old 04-27-2006, 05:36 PM

Because I'm a horrible weak, weak player ?

3 hands beat me, K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I'm still sufferring from not wanting to lose first and foremost, something I'm not sure that I can personally correct. The vast majority of the time, when I'm raised - or worse, check-raised - I instantly think I'm behind no matter what the board shows.
Any thoughts on how to correct this would be appreciated.

And thanks for the welcome.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:38 PM

Grunch

3 bet this flop absolutely

Keep value raising... you have the [censored] nut flush!
Old 04-27-2006, 05:58 PM

Isn't the KQ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] the nut flush in this case ?
Old 04-27-2006, 06:03 PM

This hand makes me baby Jesus cry. Seriously, if you're not willing to cap with this, you shouldn't be playing poker. Unless BB is the most passive player on earth, you should be ramming and jamming this pot on every street. You might lose a big pot every now and then when villain has a straight flush, but you will win a huge pot far, far more often than you lose in this situation.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't the KQ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] the nut flush in this case ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Straight flush is a different hand from a flush.

Nit.