Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2006, 09:17 PM

Default Dominated but w/ Outs.

Villian is 30/10/infinity

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">CO ($30.15)</font>
Button ($54.55)
SB ($22.80)
BB ($9.60)
UTG ($5.38)
UTG+1 ($23.50)
MP1 ($23.10)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($58.67)</font>
MP3 ($24.45)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $1, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($2.35) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, CO calls $3.

Im thinking im beat here. but i got a lotta outs and i want $$ in the pot. Im getting everything in pretty quick.

Turn: ($14.35) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, Hero calls $13.15.

positve im beat but i still have outs... maybe even more now.

River: ($37.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

meh.

Final Pot: $37.50

saw a similiar post and i think this is right but im double checking... because im a panzy.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Dominated but w/ Outs.

Aside from betting pot to 2/3 pot on the flop, I probably just c/c his raise and re-evaluate on turn.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:28 PM

ugly
Old 04-19-2006, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ugly

[/ QUOTE ]

awwwww. why?

in response to eh small flop bet: ive been catching cards PF so ive been pretty aggressive preflop and CBing every pot i have position on. Ive been varying mybets for... [censored] and giggles. but it was a conscioues choice to make a smaller bet.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ugly

[/ QUOTE ]

awwwww. why?

in response to eh small flop bet: ive been catching cards PF so ive been pretty aggressive preflop and CBing every pot i have position on. Ive been varying mybets for... [censored] and giggles. but it was a conscioues choice to make a smaller bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

By making a smaller bet size than normal (compared to when you had a hand/showed down a made hand) shouldn't your opponent be viewing you as weak then (according to your plan)? Anyways, even if i have been making a CB 100% of the time, when i hit my hand pretty strong on the flop, I have even more reason to keep CB'ing with a PSB since they won't see any difference from before. It would only be if I didn't hit that I would conciously choose to not CB. Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying, so feel free to correct me if so.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:41 PM

Chobo: you are understanding just fine i think. However if I make a hand and choose not to CB thats a bigger tell i think. I have not been showing down many hands is the problem. I dont make it past the flop very often at all. i was changing the size of my CB just to mix things up. I had been very aggro at the table and I didnt mind looking weak here.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:42 PM

Jam flop, Jam turn. fold river.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:44 PM

I don't think i like looking weak unless it is to induce a bluff vs an agressive player in this situation. If someone is more likely to call you down (since you havn't WSD yet) then its all the more reason to keep betting big when you have a monster flop and then checkbehind when you don't hit. I'm a firm believer in the same idea as you where if i win 3-4 pots uncontested I won't CB the next flop i miss, or even check behind on the flop with middle pair on the flop. With this atmosphere in place though, betting big should get the most money in the pot while we are ahead.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:56 PM

I agree with betting out when where ahead especially because im more than liekly going to get called if villian has anything here.

however with the CB idea... I dont like checking a missed flop either. If im raising preflop and have position i think CBing whether or not i make it is the best idea. I dont like it 100% because it just seems like a bad idea but i cant find a good time to vary it. maybe using game theory or something?
Old 04-19-2006, 10:00 PM

i think making it at least a pot sized bet would have been better, and when he raised you, you might have just thrown all your chips at him...well, I would have pushed to a raise anyway.