Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2006, 06:58 PM

Default Draw OOP

No reads. What's your plan for the rest of the hand?

Ultimate Bet
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25./$0.50.
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $9.55
UTG+1: $18.45
CO: $37.65
Button: $39.45
SB: $76.55
Hero: $49.70

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, 2 folds, Button calls, SB folds.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($8.5, 2 players)
Old 04-12-2006, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Draw OOP

If I had raised pre flop, I'd pot the flop and then try to get the rest in on the turn. Once you raise it up pre flop, I think you have to take an aggressive line.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:11 PM

b-3b AI
Old 04-12-2006, 07:13 PM

I'd make it 8 and 3bet a/i if raised.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:13 PM

I bet 8 bucks and assume he's going to fold. If he calls, I play poker depending on the turn, but most likely fire an all-in. Only card that would really piss me off on the turn is a black 8. Then I might check, but more than likely pushing anyway. If he raises me, I'd really really like a read, but he limp/called on the button, so his range is HUGE. Therefore I have no problem bet/3betting all in on the flop. If he got lucky enough to flop a set and I don't catch my draws, thats poker. Plus he's short, so in my opinion theres no way to get away from this. Pot will be 30ish on the turn if he check calls 8 on the flop. BOMBS AWAY.

Realistically though, I think a CB takes this down 80%+ of the time. (And if you wanted to get really tricky, check raising all in on the flop would be HAWT, but its not gonna happen)
Old 04-12-2006, 07:15 PM

oooh first in. (I suspect there will be 3-4 other replies by the time I have written this with different/better lines than mine - and 2 posts with this line explaining why it is wrong [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] - but hey - Grunch mode is [ON].

flop - bet pot. This is my standard line - I see no reason to vary yet. Button will call/fold - either is fine by me. If re-raised I push.

turn - (assuming we're still here) - if turn is brick - I bet 1/3 pot (if villain calls this he has $20 behind now). I raised pf - I led the flop - if I check the turn it looks weak - and I don't want to look weak if I AM weak as that invites villain to raise me off this hand before the river has a chance to make my hand. If I'm re-raised It's likely to be a push given his remaining stack so I fold with no pair and little chance of catching my hand on the river.

if turn pairs my overcards - or completes my flush I check/call and make a standard sized river bet - (I am trying to look weak here) - if villain checks behind and I have the flush I open push any river. Value bet if I have TPTK.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
b-3b AI

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-12-2006, 07:27 PM

bet pot on flop. Push to a raise.

The turn card really depends. Does it put 4 to a straight out? does it pair the board? Is it a Q? There are a lot of possible combinations of cards and actions that might change the way this hand plays out. Getting it in on the flop helps alleviate that issue.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:29 PM

bet 6 on flop and see what happens
Old 04-12-2006, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raised pf - I led the flop - if I check the turn it looks weak - and I don't want to look weak if I AM weak

[/ QUOTE ]

1/3 pot doesn't look weak to you?