Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2006, 11:55 AM

Default Easiest game to multi-table?

I'm experiencing hold em burn out, so I'm gonna try to learn a new game. I'm spoiled with being able to multi-table, so what's the easiest game other than hold em/omaha to multi-table?

I'm interested in learning Razz, 5cd, and Stud. If there are other games I'm missing that have games going let me know.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Easiest game to multi-table?

IMO, none of the stud games (razz, 7CS, 7CS H/L) lend themselves to multi-tabling. I just can't keep track of the upcards for several tables. I'm sure some can.

I don't like to multi-table draw either, since figuring out people's betting and drawing patterns is so crucial to winning. If you are going to multi-table draw, I'd do it with limit rather than pot-limit.

I'm more likely to do something like have one draw game (or one stud game) going and if I need to have more tables going to have them be either limit holdem or limit omaha/8 (the two games I feel are the easiest to multi-table).
Old 04-13-2006, 12:03 PM

O8, lots of games to choose from and since the games are typically slower than HE games you may even be able to add more tables than you currently play now.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:09 PM

Speaking of 08, which sites have the most limit action? Not really a PL or NL guy. I'm assuming Party, but I would like a place where I can get rakeback or bonuses frequently. I guess I could at Party if I played my A off and got VIP.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:38 PM

Some stud players claim they can handle 4 tables or more. You can't keep track of liveness very well, so it will mainly just come into play with 3rd round decisions. I can manage two tables of Stud/8 fairly well.

I can't multitable triple draw, just too much going on. I
can barely play triple draw + another game at the same time. Ditto for badugi (unsurprisingly.)

I've never seen enough Razz tables going at once to try to multitable, so it probably doesn't qualify as 'easy' for an entirely different reason.

HE and Omaha are really the easiest, I'm afraid.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:45 PM

I have to second O-8 for multi-tabling. Especially if you are looking for easy to multi. If your playing ring games, you can play 4-6 tables easy just waiting and playing real solid hands.

Tight O-8 you might only play maybe 5%-8% of starting hands anyway, so you need 4-6 tables to stay entertained.