Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2006, 09:52 AM

Default Stat Me

I feel like my sample size has finally reached a reasonable level in my current database (this year) to analyze some stats. Some immediate things that stand out to me are my CO winrate (I noticed that this was an issue in my 5/10 database from last year as well) and my folded sb to steal / folded bb to steal numbers. Can anyone spot any other glaring issues or make any recommendations on what may be going wrong in the CO?

Old 04-12-2006, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Stat Me

You play a bit tight for me, I play at 27/21 at 5/10 and 48% Fold BB to steal and 33% sb VPIP.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:12 AM

Other than being a bit tight in BB defense you might fold to river bet too much. I used to have this problem and it was always >50, got it down to about 39 since playing 3/6.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:13 AM

I'm not a stat expert but looks good (and by 'good' I mean similar to mine).
Weird how you defend SB more at 3/6, but that could be a sample size thing.
What is standard BB defense anyway? I have no idea, but I feel like I'm the only one with <50 in that area. My fold to SB steal HU is ~3 though.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:31 AM

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses so far. I was a bit surprised to see how high my blind fold %'s were so I'll definitely be looking at that area. How about my CO stats - am I doing anything unusual there or do those numbers look ok?

Thanks!
D5
Old 04-12-2006, 11:42 AM

The one thing that sticks out is your Folded to River Bet at almost 50%! Thats way too high. Filter your hands for that and find spots where you should be calling.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:27 PM

I'm not a stat expert either. From what I can see, you fold too much on the river, as was said. And you seem to be losing a lot of money in the SB.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The one thing that sticks out is your Folded to River Bet at almost 50%! Thats way too high. Filter your hands for that and find spots where you should be calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting - I will have to look into this as several people have mentioned this. I wonder if I bet/bet/check/fold against button cold callers too much from the CO.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:54 PM

1 thing to add:
Check-raise more.
When defending your BB. Against players who will autobet when you check. To make your checks respectable. For value or to eliminate players etc etc.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:04 PM

The thing I notice in almost every stat post is low c/r numbers. I c/r twice as much as you and I don't think I do it enough. As Kapw7 said, c/r is vital to BB defense, which you might be lacking with a -.17 in the BB (that could also be variance).

Your river aggression is high, probably due to too many folds to river bets. 30% W$SD when calling the river is high. You could easily call more lose 3/4 and still make more $$.

Looks like you ran good at 10/20; just play there. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]