Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2006, 01:51 AM

Default KJs flush

1) PF ok?
2) No reads on this guy, I have a tendancy to think he's kinda fishy in the loose passive sense, but I'm not sure why I think that. He's new to the table or something because I have no stats on him.

3) Call for the overcall, or raise?

---

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (11 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, hero?
Old 04-07-2006, 01:58 AM

Default Re: KJs flush

Just a little iffy on the preflop. If there was one more in I'd like it better; two more and I'd be just happy.

River, eh I think we're winning this more than not. That said, not quite nut flush plus the somewhat unlikely boat (he can't have quads because he's not me) makes me think overcalling here is fine.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:10 AM

A9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? Pusdo-bad beat post? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2006, 02:34 AM

you arent betting to call on the river if its heads up so its a little tricky with the other dude inbetween. im kind of torn here and will probably lean towards calling more than 3 betting.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:40 AM

Flop: good bet
Turn: c/c, why are you betting this? I would bet into a single opponent but not two.
River: I agree with betting this. Just call the raise, as the paired board and the turn/river raises are scary. Folding is not an option IMO.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you arent betting to call on the river if its heads up so its a little tricky with the other dude inbetween. im kind of torn here and will probably lean towards calling more than 3 betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um... I'm pretty sure if I three-bet and he caps I have to call. The pot would be like 20bb.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: good bet
Turn: c/c, why are you betting this? I would bet into a single opponent but not two.
River: I agree with betting this. Just call the raise, as the paired board and the turn/river raises are scary. Folding is not an option IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I can get ace-high to fold here that would be sweet.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:07 AM

bet/call. I would hate to 3 bet this just so I would have to call a cap. You hand is good more often then not but it isn't unbeatable.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I...huh?
Old 04-07-2006, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I...huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... ok, point taken.

Um, let's assume something weird like one guy had KT and another guy has AQ. I want AQ to fold here, so that I can win UI.

I'm not sure how common this is, but I've got a FF so if they're just calling and sometimes folding Ace-high, it's not so bad, particularly if they have the A hearts.

The board didn't change at all, I can't assume someone has a pair yet, but i can assume I'm up against a pair or two or a set or some weak draws or a strong draw or two. Or something like that. Anyways, I'm betting, though check-calling migth be ok.

If I'm not mistaken, I have a T here that can help me too.

Anyways, I think it's pretty standard, and if I DO have the best hand, and an Ace does fold (well, you know, if I would have the best hand when an ace folds) then it's super-sweet.