Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2006, 05:38 PM

Default Varying standard raises

Do you guys and girls vary the size of your standard raises based on action at the table?

By this I mean do you always raise the same amount preflop (eg 3 times BB) or do you adjust to the table, if everyone is raising 4 times do you follow suit)? Also, if the table seems to be betting half pot on flop, do you still continue your 3/4 full pot sized bets? How much do you vary your betting to the table?

If you don't, why not?
Old 04-03-2006, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Varying standard raises

I stick to a standard pf raise. (4,5 or 6xBB + 1BB per limper)

I vary my flop bets depending on the board texture. A wet flop gets a PSB a dry one half a pot - and a moist board gets ~2/3pot.

After I've sat for 50 or so hands then I might change and "go with the flow" once I have a handle on all of the villains I am up against as part of a gear changing strategy.

for the most part I aim to be a thorn in the side of the villains I am playing against and want them to adjust to me not the other way around.

I can see there being a time and a place for adjusting to the table and quietly joining in - and not rocking the boat till they least expect it - but it doesn't suit my game style. (SLAGgy)
Old 04-03-2006, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys and girls vary the size of your standard raises based on action at the table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. For example, if I can get action when raising 10x the BB with AA, I'm going to to it. If everyone is calling, why not get more in with the best hand.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, if the table seems to be betting half pot on flop, do you still continue your 3/4 full pot sized bets? How much do you vary your betting to the table?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I could rephrase your question to "if everyone else is failing to protect their hand, do you?"

I do, however, vary my bet based on position. I win more in good position, so, I put more money in late position.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:30 AM

thanks for repsonses.