Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2006, 10:23 AM

Default RE: Losing Weight

Last year I made this thread and got a lot of good responses, but like I said in the OP I had no motivation to lose weight. So after 14 months of doing nothing but gaining fat, I got my motivation. I was at my parents 25th anniversary party at my friends bar and there was a girl bartending there that I went to high school with. In the shape that I was in, I had almost 0% of doing anything with her and I thought that I should try to do something about it (I probably only have a 10% shot in peak shape, but it is worth a shot), since I am tired of being single. I weighed 293, the highest of my life. I told Sponger that I should gain 7 pounds, just to say I hit 3 bills, but never did.

The next day (July 24th) I went on my diet. I started on the diet I outlined in the other thread, bagel w/ cc, turkey sandwich, and lean cuisine w 2 slices of whole wheat bread. Within a week, I replaced the bagel with Whole Grain Total w/ a half a banana. I also added a banana in mid morning and sometimes another piece of fruit in the afternoon (carrot, apple, banana, pineapple!) I also started using the exercise bike daily. I probably have missed 1 day per week. Right now I am doing 45 minutes on max. resistance which says it is burning between 1500 and 1600 calories. I don't know how accurate that is though.

About the girl, I haven't talked to her. I plan on waiting until I get down to my goal weight of 190 before I talk to her. I did dance with her at my friends wedding which I was the best man at. I delivered the worst toast ever since I was the most loaded I have ever been.

I have had only 3 slices of pizza since I went on the diet. I have gone out to eat once a week, but I haven't eaten anything bad. I haven't had french fries since. It is weird because I knew 100% that I was going to lose weight when I started, whereas the other thread, I knew I wouldn't. So things are going well I guess. My current weight is now 246. Which is ok. I notice a little difference, but not much. I just started my bowling league and people there notice a difference, which is good i guess.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:26 AM

Default Re: RE: Losing Weight

u lost around 50 pds in how long?? either way, nice job and good luck reaching ur target. It seems ur well on ur way...
Old 09-15-2006, 10:29 AM

Holy smokes 40+ pounds in less than 2 months. Awesome work!
Old 09-15-2006, 10:35 AM

It's all about habit.

http://www.nosdiet.com/
Old 09-15-2006, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I did dance with her at my friends wedding which I was the best man at. I delivered the worst toast ever since I was the most loaded I have ever been.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
GEORGE: Do you know the last time I wore this thing? Six years ago, when I made that toast at Bobby Leighton's wedding.
JERRY: Ooo, that was a bad toast.
GEORGE: It wasn't that bad.
JERRY: I never heard anybody curse in a toast.
GEORGE: I was trying to loosen 'em up a little bit.
JERRY: There were old people there, all the relatives. You were like a Red Fox record. I mean, at the end of the toast nobody even drank. They were just standing there, they were just frozen! That might have been one of the worst all time toasts.
GEORGE: Alright, still her father didn't have to throw me out like that, he could have just asked me to leave. The guy had me in a headlock!

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, that reminded me of that scene. Seriously though, nice work. I may copy this.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:41 AM

Great job man. When I was 27 I weighed 230 pounds. I was just sick and tired of hating the way I looked.

So I decided to do something about it. I went from 230 to 175 in 4 months. It totally changed my life for the better.

I kept the weight off for about 10 years and since then have gone up and down and currently am at 190.

It will hard to maintain the pace of your current weight loss, but if you stick to what you are doing I'm sure you'll reach your goal.

Your story reminds me of "fat bastard" a guy in England who neded to lose so many pounds so a very hot chick would sleep with him.

I kind of lost track of that story so I'm not sure if he made it or not.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:43 AM

congrats man. you dropping 50 pounds in two months is nothing short of amazing. Since im starting a diet too its cool to hear you can sometimes get results that fast. Good luck on the rest.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:29 PM

Sounds like my situation. How tall are you? Five years ago I was pushing 300 as well. There was also a girl I got with and that reminded me that I should not be such a huge fat-ass because it was still possible for me to get someone I'd actually be attracted to. I lost 40 lbs in my first two months. I was also bowling in a league and my average for the last 10 weeks was up by about 10 pins.

It got harder after that, partly because the girl thing didn't work out and my motivation took a hit. But today I just weighed in at 215 and I'm making a final push for my goal of about 180 or less, at which time I'd like to post some before and after shots.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:37 PM

wow very impressive nicky, and Tim. i wish you both goodluck hope you can finish it off. we can all celebrate by going on a triple date with the hottest girls around.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we can all celebrate by going on a triple date with the hottest girls around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, what a sight that would be!