Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2006, 07:08 PM

Default 20K hands stat check-up

Here we go, another stat post. I see it differ a bit from the recommended stats (went to showdown and won at showdown), but I have no idea what this really means.

I would love to have comments on my position stats.

Also, can anyone tell me if I'm running really cold, or just playing bad? A 300BB downer is no fun, especially when I have no idea whether to attribute it to skill or variance.

Hit me!

- Kabell

Old 03-27-2006, 07:17 PM

Default Re: 20K hands stat check-up

You're playing fine for the most part. Just steal a little more and fold some more post flop. You're folded to river bet is notably low.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:59 PM

I have been thinking about the river also. One partof me says that if 4 times per hour I call a river-bet I shouldnt, I'm loosing 4BB/hour. On the other hand, sometimes when I make a call with a marginal hand, I actually win a quite big pot, to make up for the other bets lost when I'm actually beat. I'm having a hard time figuring out when to fold and when to call, especially if I'm bet into on the river with TPTK. I'm hardly never folding to a river-raise, unless I have been running a pure bluff.

I guess this is a huge leak in my game, but so many times have I tried laying down the best hand, which really sucks. And as Ed Miller says, calling a river and loose is only 1BB lost. Folding the best hand might easily be 10BB lost.

Any advice/comments on this?
Old 03-27-2006, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're playing fine for the most part. Just steal a little more and fold some more post flop. You're folded to river bet is notably low.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think he goes to showdown way too much, especially with how passive the games are that he is playing.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess this is a huge leak in my game, but so many times have I tried laying down the best hand, which really sucks. And as Ed Miller says, calling a river and loose is only 1BB lost. Folding the best hand might easily be 10BB lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're only calling down in 10BB pots its probably about right, but I suspect you're also calling down in smaller pots too. Your win percentage at SD seems too low to me, and your Went to Show Down percentage too high, especially given the percentage of hands you're playing preflop. I guess I'm one of the tighter 6max players though, so take my advice FWIW.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think he goes to showdown way too much, especially with how passive the games are that he is playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say way too much. Too much certainly, but if he tweaks his game a little he'll be fine.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:07 PM

the best hand, which really sucks. And as Ed Miller says, calling a river and loose is only 1BB lost. Folding the best hand might easily be 10BB lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really an over simplification. Folding incorrectly in a big pot is a big mistake for that one hand and calling incorrectly is a small mistake for that one hand, but if you run the expected value (loss) of those mistakes there isn't any difference.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:13 PM

It's his WTSD that is way out of order. You should probably be folding hands against passive players especially when they start raising you. Fold your top pair when it's raised multi-way against passive players.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:39 AM

With my VPIP, what would a more reasonable WTSD be?