Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2006, 03:55 AM

Default Steve Dannenmann sighting at Commerce

I was at Commerce over the weekend playing some no limit, and I saw a guy wearing a pink t-shirt that looked very familiar. I walked past his table and there was Steve Dannenmann playing $200 NL. I didn't watch his table so I'm not sure how he did. I didn't really see anyone come up and talk to him either. I was surprised he wasn't playing a bigger game.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:16 AM

Default Re: Steve Dannenmann sighting at Commerce

BUSTO!
Old 03-27-2006, 06:16 AM

Maybe he feels he wouldn't have much of an edge (if any) in bigger games and he doesn't feel the need to play higher just because he can. If that's the case, I think it's pretty cool.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BUSTO!

[/ QUOTE ]

"I SAW THAT!"
Old 03-27-2006, 08:20 AM

Default Re: Steve Dannenmann Busted me at Bellagio...

two weeks ago. 2-5 nl, Danneman is on the button and open raises to $20. Sb Calls I make it $80 to go with pocket Aces. Both players call, tho it was obvious the SB didnt like making the call.

Flop 872

SB fires $100...I know the chips are getting in the pot and I will only have $92 left So I decide I have two choices, raise to 192 or call the $100 looking weaker and let Danneman in for $100....I chose to let him in and flat call...bad choice.

Turn: 3

SB checks I fire my last $92 Both players call and here comes the river...

River: 7

Sb checks Danneman fires and his K7 is goot!

He says it was my loose image...I had after all played 4 hands in the previous hour....KK, AK, and 109s on the button.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:24 AM

Default Re: Steve Dannenmann Busted me at Bellagio...

Did he rush off and make a phone call to his backer afterwards detailing how he busted you?
Old 03-28-2006, 06:46 AM

FWIW, I saw him at about 2 a.m. at Caesars the weekend before last. Not sure what limit, but the big game was 10/20 NL, and he wasn't in it.

I took him as a guy who realizes he won the lottery, and is content to be overrolled at his level while working on his game. I would hope I'd have the same discipline.

I didn't talk to him either. There was a huge list to get on his table, and I would have loved to play with him, but I don't play NL cash -- especially with the amount of scotch they provide there. Back off, I was on vacation.

He seemed in good spirits, as if he was enjoying the attention. I can respect that.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I took him as a guy who realizes he won the lottery, and is content to be overrolled at his level while working on his game. I would hope I'd have the same discipline.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-28-2006, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am pretty sure he believes this. There's no doubt that Dannenmann is at least a decent player, and he is quite humble, to boot. I am most impressed with his demeanor, and he is a pleasant person to sit down and talk with.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I saw him at about 2 a.m. at Caesars the weekend before last. Not sure what limit, but the big game was 10/20 NL, and he wasn't in it.

I didn't talk to him either. There was a huge list to get on his table, and I would have loved to play with him, but I don't play NL cash -- especially with the amount of scotch they provide there. Back off, I was on vacation.

He seemed in good spirits, as if he was enjoying the attention. I can respect that.

[/ QUOTE ]

dannenmann was overrolled for these games before he even won all that money. its not about money to him, simple as that.