Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2006, 08:34 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?
Default KK NO goot!

Villian here is unknown but is acting extremely quickly for whatever that's worth.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>

My options are:

call and call
fold
call and fold unless the river is a 3, 8, 9, or K.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:19 PM

Default Re: KK NO goot!

Fold.
The PFR from EP tells you he has a good hand in the TT, ATs, KJs, AQ range, and the fact that he called your PFR probably KO's AA, KK, AK. His bet/3-bet after your play on the first two rounds says he can beat your over-pair, and his CR on the turn looks pretty sincere. I'd put him on 2 pair, or more likely a set of either QQQ or perhaps 999.

The speed with which he acts doesn't say much, but what he does speaks volumes.

Just my $.02 worth...

bill c
Old 03-28-2006, 08:30 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

good choice. I chose call call like a stubborn fish and got shown Q9s
Old 03-28-2006, 08:46 AM

Don't cap the flop. We 3-betted preflop and raised the flop, unless villain is retarded he'll put us on AQ+.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:57 AM

How can you fold if he has 2 pair, since you still have seven outs?
Old 03-28-2006, 09:00 AM

hard to put him on 2 pair, unless he's a pretty loose raiser. Q9 is only possibility. If we knew he had 2 pair, then calling turn, folding UI is best, no? But if we can heavily weight his hand in favor of a set (which seems appropriate here), then i guess we can find a fold. How to figure out the math, exactly, though, I have no clue.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't cap the flop. We 3-betted preflop and raised the flop, unless villain is retarded he'll put us on AQ+.

[/ QUOTE ]
I re-read the post and judging from where the pfr came the only hand that beats you is 99, so I don't mind capping.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:42 AM

Preflop - Standard

Flop - I think capping here is a little too much. We 3bet preflop and BB calls 2cold out of position and leads on the flop. There is a possibility he could have AQs, QQ, or 99 in this situation. I would raise/call in this situation.

Turn - He's check is very suspect at this point. A tag isn't going to check if he has the nuts unless he knows your going to bet this majority of the time. Being check/raised indicated you're way behind at this point in my opnion. I'll probably check here and just call down.