Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2006, 03:10 AM

Default Legal Advice Needed for \"Corporate Restructuring\"

I took a job in February as a Business to Business Marketing Communications Manager in Dallas, I signed a 2 year contract with 4% raises every 6 months plus a nice benifits package and a signing/moving bonus.

Today in my e-mail I get a notice that I am going to have be trained for a new job aspect and description because the "Corporate Restructuring" has my job going to INDIA.

LEGAL QUESTIONS:

Do I have to do this training?

If I don't agree to the training, do they have to still honor my original contract terms and pay me out?

Currently my job allows me to telecommute with a laptop, cell phone/blackberry. My mother's health is ok but not great she has been having artery spasms(for lack of the medical term) and I have been coming home for a week and then being in the office and doing all my meetings and appointments one week.

With the restructuring I would have to be there all the time, no telecommuting which sucks, becuase as much as I hate Meridian, MS. I don't want to be in Dallas if my mom keeps going in and out of the hospital.

I have enough in savings to be fine for years if I just say [censored] it I am going home. I also have enough of a bankroll to play 3-6 Go Fish for spending money to keep me from wasting my money in savings.

What should I do? What legally can they do?

I would love to just be done with it, if they think a Party Poker CSR can do my job for $1.25 an hour, by all means let Annapurna, Balrama, Bhuvaneshwari, Brahma, Dhanwantara, Dhumavati, Durga, Ganga, Ganesha, Garuda, Hanuman, Indra, Kali, Kartikay, Krishna, Kurma, Lakshmi, Matangi, Maya, Ram, Saraswati, Shakti, Shiva, Sita, Vamana, and Vishnu bless him with my headache.

Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2006, 03:20 AM

Default Re: Legal Advice Needed for \"Corporate Restructuring\"

[ QUOTE ]
I took a job in February as a Business to Business Marketing Communications Manager in Dallas, I signed a 2 year contract with 4% raises every 6 months

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the fact that the raise occures 2x a year make it worth our worker locking in for this rate? It seems weird to sign a contract that has raises predetermined (unless that is a floor, and you can negotiate the percentage upward).
Old 06-18-2006, 03:23 AM

Just simply ask for a buyout
Old 06-18-2006, 03:25 AM

Without reading your contract nobody can tell you what kind of leverage you have here. Odds are if you have any and try to resist they'll buy you out; if you don't they'll terminate you.

NT
Old 06-18-2006, 03:31 AM

I signed it because...

A. it was guarenteed for 2 years which meant at 4% every 6 months that after 2 years I would be making over 10K more a year than I do now.

B. If I stayed with with company after 2 years I would get another bonus and my contract would be renegotiated even higher.

C. I had enough money to get by on for a quite a while.

D. I took the job as a favor for my friend Kendall.

Old 06-18-2006, 03:32 AM

Have you asked to negotiate?
Old 06-18-2006, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Without reading your contract nobody can tell you what kind of leverage you have here. Odds are if you have any and try to resist they'll buy you out; if you don't they'll terminate you.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was [censored] that that sent out the e-mail on Saturday, when alot of people will not check their e-mail until Monday morning. I have a copy of my contract on file here at my mother's house, I hate that it is the weekend, because my lawyer here is out of town for the Father's Day weekend and will not be back until Tuesday. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2006, 11:03 PM

Default UPDATE!

Well I am in the process of moving back to Mississippi! I got my buy out. I took a job in Mississippi that will give me a week off every 2 weeks.

Week #1 Monday 7A-10P, Tuesday 8A-10P, Wednesday 8A-10P, OFF Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday.
Week #2 Off Monday Tuesday Wednesday, Thursday 8A-10P, Friday 8A-10P, Saturday 7A-10P, OFF Sunday

Repeat back to Week #1

Will Update more when I get back home.

See Ya.