Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 04:17 AM

Default Good or Bad?

villain unknown

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.20 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.20 BB
Old 01-31-2007, 04:40 AM

Default Re: Good or Bad?

I think this line is ok Gib. Turn and flop are ok to peel. Only problem is your chopping with a J a lot of the time. CO most likely has a busted draw or a lower pair. Also, you can't not bet the river because you are afraid of the K or JQ imo.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:46 AM

I think a river donk is nearly unbluffable. Since you're willing to put a bet in here, it seems much better to do it as the bettor than the caller. It would be funny if you got called by a worse hand, but I'd be more surprised if you won more often by check calling than you did by betting and being called.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:48 AM

How can he be chopping with J "a lot of the time"?
You put villain on QT that much? I think his range is pretty big to bet flop and turn...

I would also donk the river.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:42 AM

Against a steal raise I c/r the flop after BTN folds.

As played I c/r the turned double gutter.

I agree with Miles about the river. I dont think you are catching a lot of bluffs since the board connects pretty well with most CO ranges. On the other hand he will prolly check behind some hands that he would have called at bet with. C/c'ing is setting you up to be valueowned IMO.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:08 PM

is just folding this river bad? I just don't think CO is bluffing/betting a worse hand on this board.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this line is ok Gib. Turn and flop are ok to peel. Only problem is your chopping with a J a lot of the time. CO most likely has a busted draw or a lower pair. Also, you can't not bet the river because you are afraid of the K or JQ imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can someone explain this to me? I don't understand why it would be unlikely that CO has a king.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:22 PM

Heres how I would usually play this hand.

PREFLOP: Standard call.

FLOP: Once the BTN folds, I would check/raise the flop and try to make a play for this pot.

TURN: If I had just called the flop as you did, I would donk the turn to put pressure on hands like AQ,AJ,QJ,55,44,33,22.

RIVER: If I had just check/called the flop and turn like you did, I would probably donk/fold the river. On the river this is the kind of board where the villain is going to have more calling hands than betting hands, and I also believe that the typical opponent will play very honest on this particular board. I dont think check/calling the river is bad though. Taking a showdown line against an online unknown can never be bad IMO.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:53 PM

why are we peeling on the flop and turn when we don't have the IO to do so?

Also, why would we C/R flop if we don't have anything.....?
Old 01-31-2007, 01:57 PM

Gutshot on flop. Can c/r because we can have a 10 outer and he can have hands that can't call it. We have a double gutshot on the turn.