Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2006, 03:55 PM

Default Stupid n00b/douche/loser question that you probably don\'t need to read

Ok... So... This is my question:

I have my entire BR on stars, mainly because it is a pathetic BR. However, I have recently been looking at the party mini-step structure.

Now.. The problem that I have is that I would move perhaps 100 to 200$ to Party in the hopes of playing these well.. or perhaps their other games, which seem softer than most other sites. However, I have a question about the pay structure of the steps...

I know that they are as follows:

You are in level X.

1st: wins seat in level X+1
2nd-5th: wins seat in level X
6th: wins 2/3 of buy in amount
7-10: Suck and get nothing.

However, my BR and skill level say that I should probably not play higher than the level 3 minis, i.e. the $55 (of course to get this far I would have to win the level 1's and 2's, which I wouldn't foresee as a problem).. Would there be some way to cash out the seat to a level 4 $215 buy in? Or do I have to play it out until the level 5 cash pay outs.

Thanks in advance for any input, it is much appreciated.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Stupid n00b/douche/loser question that you probably don\'t need to read

Those are sit and go tournaments, and you'd probably get better answers from the 1-table tournaments fourm. I know people have done actual research on this.

On Party, when you win an entry to something, you have to use it for that thing. Pretty sure the mini-steps and steps are the same, you can't get the cash equivalent of the Step 5 entry fee. It's not like Stars where you can cash in tournament entry tickets for equivalent $T.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Stupid n00b/douche/loser question that you probably don\'t need to read

steps are a rake nightmare. dont be so focused about winning big. just improve your skills and the money will come.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Stupid n00b/douche/loser question that you probably don\'t need to

[ QUOTE ]
steps are a rake nightmare. dont be so focused about winning big. just improve your skills and the money will come.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is half fallacy, half truth. If you plan on continuing to play out replays they are that bad, for a 1 shot deal they suck, but if you want to put time into there the mini steps are decent.
~Justin
Old 03-17-2006, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Those are sit and go tournaments, and you'd probably get better answers from the 1-table tournaments fourm. I know people have done actual research on this.

On Party, when you win an entry to something, you have to use it for that thing. Pretty sure the mini-steps and steps are the same, you can't get the cash equivalent of the Step 5 entry fee. It's not like Stars where you can cash in tournament entry tickets for equivalent $T.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry about the mis-post... I'm off in my own frustrated with life little cloud right now...

As for the pay structure, thats what I assumed, I just wanted clarification because their website is not the most informative...