Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2006, 01:06 PM

Default B&M Pet Peeves

There are many.... Ill throw a few out there to get thing rOOOOling.

1)"Hey buddy, you got pockets"?
Seems to be a new one and the terminology irks the hell out of me. Did VVP call them "pockets" at some point?
Secondly at least narrow it down before you ask what I had

2)The sleeper
....no, not the sleeper straddle. The A-hole at the table that keeps falling asleep and the jackass dealer that keeps dealing them in and waking them up...... Either kick them out or give them a button.

3) I put you/him all in...... Bullsh1t! Pick a number, or say Im all in

.....Feel free to join in [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2006, 01:08 PM

Default Re: B&M Pet Peeves

TURN BOTH YOUR CARDS FACE UP AT THE [censored] SHOWDOWN.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3) I put you/him all in...... Bullsh1t! Pick a number, or say Im all in

[/ QUOTE ]

One of mine:

People who don't accept "I'll put him all in" as a specific bet amount, and instead insist that the game be slowed down by requiring "exactly how many chips does he have left" *count*count*count* "ok--I'll bet $389".

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2006, 01:33 PM

1) You have >$1000 in front of you, it's a [censored] $30 raise, not HU at the final table of the WSOP ME, it doesn't take 5 minutes to figure out. And no, staring at me will not help you figure out if you should call or not.

2) If you were playing 2/5 NL with those two cards in front of you and it was your turn act ... What would you do RIGHT NOW!?!?!

3) The third time your chip(s) roll into my stack because you can not do some stupid chip trick, they are mine!

4) No getting a new setup is not going to change you piss poor play aka your luck.

5) No the dealer can not influence what cards you get or are dealt on the flop, turn or river, stop bitching about the dealer and play poker.

6) No changing seats for the 5th time in two hours is not going to help you get AA and wont stop me from cracking them when you miss play AA.

7) What's the difference between a puppy and a poker player? If you put a bad enough beating on a puppy they will stop whinning. So STFU or rack out.

8) Who cares if the rich and drunk business man wants to buy into the game for more than the maximum buy-in, you still cover him by more than 2:1, STFU and let him donate to the table.

9) If you make a side bet and lose, pay up, dont be a douche bag.

10) If the floor tells you that's the rule, it's the rule right now for the rest of game rather you think it is right or wrong, STFU and play or rack out.

Humm... Guess I have had a little pent up anger of late. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2006, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agree 100%... and then sometimes they want to play their second card when they realize they'll need it.

also,

not keeping the game close to 10-handed even with a long waiting list. people leave constantly, meaning that your tight-aggressive style will be busted by the rake as you'll have to play due to the blinds coming around more often.

dealer asking people to make change at the table (maybe just a niagara falls thing). yes, i want to take 2 $100 bills from a drug dealing criminal... this seems to be policy as opposed to a clueless dealer or two.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:38 PM

Everytime I've seen the "I put you all in" it's been used as a goad to get a call. The guy typically is very strong at that point. Seems to work pretty well as it gets under peoples skin. Kinda like betting the exact amount of your opponents stack online.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:38 PM

Well OK, one more...

11) "How could you call with that!", "Sir if I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand it."
Old 03-07-2006, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well OK, one more...

11) "How could you call with that!", "Sir if I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand it."

[/ QUOTE ]

or a guy harassing me saying "who raises pre-flop with 8To", of course my ATo (which i open raised on button) had been exposed for 30 seconds. 8-10 was the small blind calling hand
Old 03-07-2006, 01:42 PM

I guess my biggest pet peeve could be summed up in 2 letters. B.O. There are some stinky ass players out there.

Oh and people who talk on the cell phone but can't seem to pay attention to the frickin game. If you have to make a call, fine, don't turn away from the table and have the dealer tap you everytime it's your action Jackhole!
Old 03-07-2006, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you deal at Foxwoods you would've loved this from there this past Saturday:

Two guys in the hand.

Board is Queen high with a lot of other cards that don't matter.

Guy 1 bets, Guy 2 calls.

Commence staring.

Someone do something.

Guy 1 flips up 1 card: a Queen.

Guy 2 flips up 1 card: a Queen.

Guy 1 flips up his kicker: X

Guy 2 smiles and flips up his kicker: X+Y

Guy 2 gets pot.

Players 3-10 on table are annoyed.