Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 08:09 AM

Default QQ against limp-reraise, overpair + gutshot = fold?

Villain is 29/7.5/2.1 by 130 hands, no more reads.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 max, 5 handed) Party Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($29.24)
Button ($73.17)
Hero ($62.03)
BB ($63.59)
UTG ($51.41)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $8.5</font>, MP folds, Button folds, Hero calls $5.

Flop: ($18.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $18.5</font>, Hero ???

I put villain on AA/KK/AK preflop, but call for set value according to implied odds. How do you think, my overpair + gutshot is good for push, or this is burning money and here i must fold?
Old 11-25-2007, 08:15 AM

Default Re: QQ against limp-reraise, overpair + gutshot = fold?

I think folding is all right. Villain's big pot-sized flop bet looks a lot like it's coming from an overpair that hates that board and wants to get the hand over with.

If there's some LAG at the table that Villain might've been aiming at, then that helps explain why he went for the LRR, but I'm not sure it helps us so much when determining a range. And in any event, even if there was a LAG at the table that the LRR was intended for, he went ahead and made it after a large preflop raise by you.

So I'm not liking the looks of this situation.