Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2006, 07:53 AM

Default B!tches

I hate everything about this hand. Especially my turn donk. I didn't want to c/c the whole way down.

Villian here is a total fish who never raises preflop. His re-raise scared the crap out of me. Should I just fold this flop since it is very likely he has AA/KK or JJ which all destroy me.

I gotta stop donking off chips to these fish.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Button ($412)
SB ($846.70)
BB ($550)
Hero ($398)
MP ($400)
CO ($958.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $35</font>, Button calls $35, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $20.

Flop: ($111) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $35</font>, Button folds, Hero calls $35.

Turn: ($181) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $75</font>, CO calls $75.

River: ($331) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $100</font>, CO calls $100.

Final Pot: $531
Old 03-07-2006, 08:13 AM

Default Re: B!tches

A J high flop is the worst possible flop you could see if he's only reraising you with AA-JJ. I would probably check fold on the flop. If he sometimes reraises you with AK then I would lead out with a 3/4 of the pot flop bet. If he calls or raises you it's an easy fold.

BTW what did you think the button had calling a reraise?
Old 03-07-2006, 08:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian here is a total fish who never raises preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
...and now he reraises you. Come on, call PF for set value and don't get trapped just because you flopped an overpair. C/F Flop.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:26 AM

LoL. Couldn't suck it up for the 35$ huh, too enticing, too big of an ego hit to let it slide THAT easy eh?

From your description, he has AA/KK here just about every time, and if he does in fact reraise with AK, hes betting 35$ into a 111$ pot with it just about never.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:24 AM

Depending on Villain, I might try raising him on the flop, but if called I'm not putting another chip in that pot. I just find his $35 bet incredibly weak.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A J high flop is the worst possible flop you could see if he's only reraising you with AA-JJ. I would probably check fold on the flop. If he sometimes reraises you with AK then I would lead out with a 3/4 of the pot flop bet. If he calls or raises you it's an easy fold.

BTW what did you think the button had calling a reraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember who the button was but he was probably fairly goofy. I would expect him to have a smallish PP or maybe some kind of SC or big ace.

I hadn't played long enough with this villian to know whether or not he re-raises AK preflop (probably not, but who knows) but there are some fish out there that do some weird as stuff like min re-raise A9 or KJ etc. The size of his flop bet was way to cheap for me to consider myself beat so far.

My turn donk was a very weird play. I didn't want to check to him and have him make a large bet. I kinda wanted to test him out and see if he really had a piece of the flop.

As for the river play idk exactly what I was thinking. I only had another 100ish behind and I guess I was planning on folding to a raise. Very bad spot to be in. I didn't want to check and have him put me in and fold.

All in all, I need to find a hack for PP so that I can have the button every hand because being OOP SUCK!!!
Old 03-07-2006, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hadn't played long enough with this villian to know whether or not he re-raises AK preflop (probably not, but who knows) but there are some fish out there that do some weird as stuff like min re-raise A9 or KJ etc. The size of his flop bet was way to cheap for me to consider myself beat so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what value do you get by flat calling his raise on the flop? If you don't think you're beaten then you still have no idea where he's at.

His flop bet tells me the opposite of what you're saying. He's either testing to see if you raise-called with JJ pre-flop, or he flopped top set and is trying to slowly escalate the pot because he's put you on an overpair.

Edit: Did he have AA, or hit his miracle quads on the turn with JJ?