Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Moving down, literally.

I currently live in Washington state, and I have taken a Job in Las Vegas, (Pahrump Actually, about 30 miles west of Vegas planning on living there until about summer then moving into the city) and I was wondering how many of you lived in Vegas, or the surrounding area. I would only know a few old friends in the city I am moving to, and I would love to see some of the fellow micro boarders at the poker tables. I also, of course have some questions about the area, and would love to talk to someone about my big move.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:36 AM

Default Re: Moving down, literally.

[ QUOTE ]
I currently live in Washington state, and I have taken a Job in Las Vegas, (Pahrump Actually, about 30 miles west of Vegas planning on living there until about summer then moving into the city) and I was wondering how many of you lived in Vegas, or the surrounding area. I would only know a few old friends in the city I am moving to, and I would love to see some of the fellow micro boarders at the poker tables. I also, of course have some questions about the area, and would love to talk to someone about my big move.

[/ QUOTE ]

I moved to Henderson in July. Moving in the fall/winter is a much better move, but I didn't have the freedom to choose.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:51 AM

lol pahrump. hope you like gun shows and prostitution!

there are lots of 2+2ers in vegas, but most of them play higher and/or nl.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:34 AM

haha yes I am much looking forward to both of those! from what I understand its the only county where it is legal... wow. [/sarcasm]

Im looking forward to the move and especially the move into the city. Hopefully ill get to run into some people from the boards

Edit: Lifting couches and beds into a house in july would be terrible... I may need to reconsider. lol. I was there in July and walked out of the airport into an oven. 122 degrees...
Old 11-13-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
haha yes I am much looking forward to both of those! from what I understand its the only county where it is legal... wow. [/sarcasm]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not. It depends on the number of people living in that county. For example in Washoe County (Reno) it is illegal, while it is legal in 3 counties surrounding Washoe.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not. It depends on the number of people living in that county. For example in Washoe County (Reno) it is illegal, while it is legal in 3 counties surrounding Washoe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tanya, I'm really curious about your prostitution knowledge! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tanya, I'm really curious about your prostitution knowledge! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I take the 5th, perhaps?
Old 11-13-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bell is correct.

if anyone has a lot of time on their hands and can't manage to schedule a dentist appointment or attend a get-kicked-in-the-genitals party, i highly recommend a road trip up US-95 from Vegas to Reno. the long, long, looooong sections of nothing are interspersed with run-down brothels that are a hundred miles from the nearest gas station (and parsecs from a library or cultural event).