Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 06:48 AM

Default 0.25/0.50 - Two fairly standard hands

Villain is unknown.

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5.5BB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (7.5BB, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

Results:
Final pot: 7.5BB

Do I miss a valuebet on the river here? The board is fairly dry, still I don't beat that much that reraises preflop, basically just AK.

Same villain as in the first hand.

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO 3-bets</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.4SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4.7BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8.7BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Results:
Final pot: 10.7BB

Cap preflop, rather not, right? What about the C/R on the turn, fancy play or good value? Should I fold to a 3-bet on the turn?
Old 11-10-2007, 07:06 AM

Default Re: 0.25/0.50 - Two fairly standard hands

1) Im not sure he would call with worse hand at river - I would ch behind

2) dont cap (esspecialy without possision)
I would play standard c/r flop lead turn and then you let him inccorect call down worst hand. when u c/r turn he probably worst hand. also you risk he will ch behind at turn and u will miss value.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:27 AM

hand 1 is fine. his play actually reeks of AK. check it and see. whatever he has...be sure to make a note and hopefully it will be useful in hand 2. Whilst I usually dont care for results...knowing what he has in hand 1 could be useful for hand 2 play.

hand 2. CR the flop. what i dont like about CRing the turn is that if he 3 balls the turn it is costing u 2 BB to get to SD and I hate folding once ive CRed the turn. So yeah, CR the flop and stick it to him right there. it is cheaper if he actually has a hand that has u beat and he probably wont be able to resist at least calling u down with a lesser pair.

also consider a seat change to get him on ur right <font color="white"> especially if he SDed something funky in these hands </font>
Old 11-10-2007, 03:02 PM

Hand 1: I take a WA/WB line and wouldn't raise the flop. If we're ahead here, let's not clue him in on the strength of our hand with a raise. Let him keep betting into us to extract the most. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If, on the other hand, we're behind, let's not raise to give him more money.

Hand 2: I wouldn't donk the flop and then C/R the turn. How do we know that he'll bet for us on the turn when we initiated the action on the previous street?
Old 11-10-2007, 03:15 PM

hand one is fine. what hands do you expect him to call with that you beat?

hand 2. your turn check is horrid. you are leaving too much value on the table if he checks behind. I would check raise the flop and keep betting.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:28 PM

:g:

Hand 1 is fine.

Hand 2 is all backwards. Capping AQs pf against an unknown would be spew. Dont donk this flop, c/r flop and bet turn. It would be a disaster if villan checks behind and you have really no reason to belive he is betting for you. If he raised the flop you could consider a c/r turn but you are doing that at the risk of putting in a lot of bets when behind.