Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2005, 02:29 PM

Default TiltBlocker 2000 (No Content)

Long time computer programmer, newbie to poker. I noticed that I spend a lot of time looking at how much money I've either won or lost in a session. I'm not sure if this is affecting my play or not, but I'm guessing that if I care this much about my chip count, I'm not paying enough attention to my game. I don't want to be one of those people who always has in the back of their head where they stand in a session and always try to get back to even.

INTRODUCING ------ TILT BLOCKER 2000

I wrote this little application in Visual Basic to cover up my chip count. As soon as I buy into a game, I start TiltBlocker up and move it over my chip count. The app will stay in that position on top of Party Poker (or whatever poker site) the whole time you are playing. This way your chip count will not distract you and you can focus on what's really important - like winning big pots.

It's great beacuse after the bad beats, you don't really keep track of how much you lost. Sure there was a lot in the pot, but how much of it was yours. Sure, a lot of it probably was, but you can't reference the new chip count and compare it to the old one - like "Oh I had 100 bucks and now I'm down to 75." You don't really know - and you shouldn't care. All that should matter is that you play your best game all the time.

Now, I know that a lot of the pros here will think this is dumb, but I have noticed a definite improvement in my game over the past few weeks since I started to use this little app.

I wasn't going to post a hyperlink to download the application because people would think it was spam or something, but here it is anyways

Zip File (Contains 1 exe file)

The application requires the visual basic 6 runtime which you can download here (Try to run it before you download the runtime - most computers have it installed anyways)

But wait, there's more - if you act now...
Old 05-10-2005, 02:39 PM

Default Re: TiltBlocker 2000 (No Content)

Yeah when I tried that I just used a post it note on the monitor. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2005, 02:42 PM

this is a good idea. i currenlty use gametime+ and have it show my own stats at each table for the sole purpose of putting it over the amount of money i have. ( i got the idea from drgutshot). also, dont forget to buy in at each table for 50bb

stealthcow-
Old 05-10-2005, 02:46 PM

thanks! This is actually really nice.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:03 PM

This is actually freaking sweet! I do play better when I don't care about the results... and I don't want any damn post-its coming anywhere near my new 2001FP.

Thanks!

Follow up question... can you open 4 of these suckers at once?
Old 05-10-2005, 03:04 PM

Are you having a hard time not moving it and peaking how much money you have [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is actually freaking sweet! I do play better when I don't care about the results... and I don't want any damn post-its coming anywhere near my new 2001FP.

Thanks!

Follow up question... can you open 4 of these suckers at once?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can open as many as you want... for an extra charge [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you having a hard time not moving it and peaking how much money you have [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2005, 03:09 PM

You'd have to buy in with a lot of chips, then, because you always want how many BB's behind?
Old 05-10-2005, 03:13 PM

NICE! That thing is awesome. I, actually have a harder time playing my game when I am up a lot because I start to play like a [censored] because I am having a good session. This problem is a result of a long long cold streak so this could easily be the tool to get me back on track! Thanks!