Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 04:44 AM

Default QKs on a raised Q high flop with flush draw = My first post.

First of all this is my first post so please forgive, amongst other things, my poor English. Obviously its not my native language. This serves as an introductory post as I hope to sustain the flame wars and keep posting here. I actually find ur brutality entertaining.

I am a young player, I play for three or so years now with long pauses. I am not a winning player although not a very losing one. I ve made some good breaks which make it look like I am winning in most of my acquaintances but the truth is the winnings are either less than the loses or not worth the time spent. I ve switched at least 4 sites and only keep track of the last year. I am still trying to figure out the best formula to build a bankroll slowly.

I ve been reading posts in this forum for some time now and decided to join in and post some hands as well. I ve focused in cash games the last 2 months. I break easily the home games but I also live in Greece so the poker level is really poor. This is a hand from mid stakes. I gave up those stakes recently not being able to hold off some bad beats with a 1200$ bankroll. It was stupid at the first place and I have come to terms with that. I am trying to save what can be saved by multi tabling four 25/50 tables. I am not playing in any of the known major poker sites(at this time). I am playing in a sports betting related site ( I will avoid advertising but I dont bet on anything- only play poker and liked the rakeback deal). The action seemed and actually proved very JUICY even for a player of very average level like me. Unfortunately the site history is not supported by most converters and not supported by Poker tracker which I havent yet used( I know this is my fault but I keep postponing it). So here is my first hand( I will almost write it manually):

NL $1/$2 Texas Hold'em - Monday, October 25, 23:12:12 GMT 2007
Table Oxygen 12 6-max (Real Money)

Button: Hero ( $236.10 )
SB( $192 )
BB: ( $198 )
UTG: ( $200 )

CO - Villain( $380.48 ) - Havent seen him a lot. Seems to run table over.
SB posts small blind [$1]
BB twn posts big blind [$2]

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG folds, Villain calls $2, Hero raises to $8, SB folds, BB folds, Villain calls $6

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain checks, Hero bets $10, Villain calls $10

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain bets all in $362.48

???

and Hello all.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:03 AM

Default Re: QKs on a raised Q high flop with flush draw = My first post.

Seems you are behind ... So do you have enough outs that are life that beat teh pot odds given?
Old 11-07-2007, 05:31 AM

I have him flagged as very aggresive but that all in is just a painfull decision. I seen him run over the table and just push push push. I dont have any odds to call except if he is in a draw like 9 10 or a complete bluff. He could even have two pair. He is very LAG.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:48 AM

I would easily have called this on the flop but on the turn purely based on outs and odds, you have to fold this.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:53 AM

welcome.

i think this is a pretty trivial fold until we have a read as to what overbet shoves from this villain mean.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:55 AM

Yeah you can't call this. I would also raise more pf with the limper but w/e.