Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 03:21 PM

Default Vegetarian

I am a vegetarian and have been for 18 years. Should I eat a hamburger or not? If yes why? If no why not
Old 11-14-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Vegetarian

Hmmm [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] no one cares
Old 11-14-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a vegetarian and have been for 18 years. Should I eat a hamburger or not? If yes why? If no why not

[/ QUOTE ]

Do what makes you happy. Follow your heart/bliss.

"Should" introduces a moral component and suggests to me that you are fishing for an argument.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:41 PM

No I am not. I really should tell you more. I really dont want to eat meat but feel that is my make me healthy. I am very tired all day and think it is becouse of my diet. I would not think about it but I have a 4 year old.

So do I stop somthing I belive in to maybe be there for my son

* sorry I know I am a bad writer I am to tired try hard
Old 11-14-2007, 03:50 PM

If you have survived 18 years on a vegetarian diet you have probably been doing something at least a little right. But maybe not optimally.

Talking about being there for your son and being tired all the time sounds like you have health issues that need addressing. Are you doing other things that interfere with the length and quality of your sleep and causing stress, like anything from prescription drugs to booze to too much caffeine or soda to too much stress at work or fighting with the wife and family?

If it has taken you 18 years to feel bad, that's why I suggested looking elsewhere but your diet first. However, is there something funky with your diet that you are aware of, and maybe only now admitting to, or what? I'm just surprised you pin a health problem on your diet, when there's nothing inherently unhealthy about being a vegetarian in itself. But perhaps you could optimize your diet too? Maybe get more protein or something?

How old are you? Getting tired all day can be standard as you get older if you don't exercise much and the years start piling up.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No I am not. I really should tell you more. I really dont want to eat meat but feel that is my make me healthy. I am very tired all day and think it is becouse of my diet. I would not think about it but I have a 4 year old.

So do I stop somthing I belive in to maybe be there for my son

* sorry I know I am a bad writer I am to tired try hard

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the sort of example you want to set for your son--to compromise your principles? Surely this is not a new problem for a vegetarian-- why not ask them?