Old 04-28-2007, 02:53 PM
Akimka Akimka is offline

Location: Russia
Default PartyPoker prohibits usage of any side-software?

There was a topic about guy who got his account locked and accounts of his friends (they have pokerschool or something but there no collusion and teamplay as I know)

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post10121965

Anyway to make long story short - at end conversation party rep said (quoting and translating from russian:

"Policy of our company sais that users forbid to use ANY software except partypoker client. Only table and his cards."

On question about pokertracker and that 95% or players using it rep said "That's matter of time." and added something about race between men and motoracers".

Anyway this statement looks shocking for me - is Party really forbids usage ANY programs? Can anyone confirm or deny it? Is there anyone who close to partypoker management? Is this is an end for all professional players to play on partypoker.
Because if it's true that any winrates meaningless because Party can withold your funds anytime. I bet that rep was incompetent but he need to represent opinion of management, isn't he?
Old 04-28-2007, 03:10 PM
teddyFBI teddyFBI is offline

Location: Swapping only amounts > 1K

deny
Old 04-28-2007, 03:23 PM
Akimka Akimka is offline

Location: Russia

[ QUOTE ]
deny

[/ QUOTE ]
That's fine with me but if I got name of this party rep who said that stuff about pokertracker and other can you believe me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

I am not first day in buisness and know that most of support guys is just underpaid ex-BK workers but if there any chance that it's not imcompenetce than we are in deep s...

That's my point. I really need to have a word from party or anyone who already made such requests to suppost - can I still use PT, PAHud and other software that allowed anythere else or not. That's my point. But thank you for your "deny" anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2007, 03:30 PM
dragonystic dragonystic is offline

Location: Omelettes FTW

i sure hope its true. HUD's are ruining the games across the net.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:00 PM
Akimka Akimka is offline

Location: Russia

So that's is.

Here is quotes of my today querries to partypoker reps (last email is most important):

1. My letter to them

[ QUOTE ]
I am player at partypoker (nickname XXXX). I haven't played
some time and thought about returning but today I encountered topic
on local poker forum:

http://forum.cgm.ru/msg?goto=159672&

And was astonished. You have closed accounts and withold funds
of some players because thay used side programs like pokertracker,
pokeracehud and spadeeye.
As said in topic on phone conversation your representative said that
your company FORBID using of any side programs while playing on your
site. Is is right?

Is this information:
http://www.partypoker.com/about_us/g...advantage.html

outdated and not reflect current policy of your company? Will my
account will be blocked and funds witholded if I will use
Pokertracker, Pokeracehud or SpadeEye while playing on your site?

What current policy of partypoker about using side programs? What
programs if any I can use while playing and what I can't use? I
expect full answer because if you don't allow programs that gather
statistic to improve my play I will definately move to other site.

[/ QUOTE ]

2. Their answer

[ QUOTE ]
Thank You for contacting PartyPoker Customer Service.

Our information is not outdated and it suggests that we provide the PokerSchool powered by PartyGaming. If however, our system detects a third party software that is interfering with our system in any way or cheating, we will block it.

If You have any further questions please feel free to contact us at any time.

Kindest Regards
Toma Stoichkov
PartyPoker Customer Service

[/ QUOTE ]

3. My next e-mail further questioning topic

[ QUOTE ]
> If however, our
> system detects a third party software that is interfering
> with our system in any way or cheating, we will block it.

Thank you for fast answer. My only question what is "cheating" in
terms of partypoker?

I read and understand your unfair advatage policy article but is still not
clear to me.

Do you aware of this programs?

PokerTracker
www.pokertracker.com
(program reads handhistories on hard disk and then
calculates average numbers about any of participiant of hands and
store it on database. (how often played enter the pot, how often
player raised etc.)

PokerAcehud
www.pokeracesoftware.com
(Program that displays on screen statistical information
about each player on table from pokertracker database)

SpadeEye
www.spadeeye.com
(Program that reads all players on selected limit of play (NL
200 for example) and displays statisctical information about each
player currently playing).

BetPot autohotkey script
www.overcards.com
(It allows to change bet in terms of
bigblind by mouse wheel to not pring it on keyboard)

None of this programs dosen't use any AI (does not perfom any
desicions) but only calculate, stores and display information that player can
have by himself.

Is this programs allowed to use while playing on PartyPoker or not? I
wondering this because as you should understand, I don't want to lose
large sums of money confiscated because of rules violation.

Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

And DRUMS, their answer:

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for contacting Party Poker Customer Care.

The programs you have mentioned indeed are not A.I. programs. These programs are considered to be BOTs.
Certain companies offer for sale programs (“BOTS&#8221 specifically created to play a game in place of an actual (human) player, and conceal its use from the other players, and avoid detection by the online gaming site. These programs are marketed by explicitly promising the prospective purchaser-user an unfair advantage over other online players not using that program.

Once identified, a player using forbidden programs will usually be notified. In that notice, we explain what we believe this player is doing and what steps we will take if he does not stop doing it immediately. In the most extreme cases we are prepared to suspend their PartyAccount and confiscate the funds in that PartyAccount without prior notice.

If you need any further information or assistance please, do not hesitate to contact us.
We wish you a wonderful time playing with Party Poker!

Best Regards,

Gery
Party Poker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

We wish you a wonderful time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2007, 04:54 PM
Beck Beck is offline

Location: Soon Thailand

I think Gery is smoking the ganja.....
Old 04-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Akimka Akimka is offline

Location: Russia

[ QUOTE ]
I think Gery is smoking the ganja.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought they use hashish in india but nevermind [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I hope the problem will settle up somehow. Not every day you comeing really close to closing you party bankroll [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Groundhog Groundhog is offline
Junior Member

Just after the story with blocking accounts started I sent a letter to party-support, and got answer. The date of the message is 4/23/07. Here it is:
Dear XXX,

With reference to your e-mail, please note that our teams of game experts, in consultation with the Technical team are constantly evaluating software, in order to determine the suitability of such third party programs and their compatibility with our Poker Client software
and Terms and Conditions.

At present, we have no immediate plans to block this software, but such applications and their subsequent versions and upgrades are under constant review, to ensure their continued suitability.

Please note that our policy and the terms that apply to the use of third party software while playing on PartyPoker.com is set out in the Terms and Conditions of Use.

http://www.partypoker.com/about_us/g...advantage.html

In addition to and notwithstanding this policy, we would caution you against using any software offered to you by any third party in any case, for reasons of your own security and we would remind you that you accept and/or use such software solely and entirely at your own risk.

Contact us anytime, we are available around the clock to assist you with your account related questions and suggestions.

Sincerely,

Chaitanya
Investigations Team
alerts@PartyAccount.com

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
Date: 2007-04-23 07:06
To: info@partypoker.com
Subject: Poker software

Hi!
My login at partypoker is xxxx.

My wife is going to take part in PokerStrategy educational programm.
At their web-site they have a list of poker-soft to install:
http://www.pokerstrategy.org.uk/en/software/
Does partypoker permit to use the listed programms:
PokerTracker
PokerAce
Texas Grab'em Hand Recorder?
Looking forward an answer from you.

Has the politics of partypoker been changed at this few days? It would be nice to see an official answer of partypoker management here, because it seems to me that ordinary staff at partypoker even don't have a common opinion about permited and prohibited programs.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:59 PM
Akimka Akimka is offline

Location: Russia

[ QUOTE ]

Has the politics of partypoker been changed at this few days? It would be nice to see an official answer of partypoker management here, because it seems to me that ordinary staff at partypoker even don't have a common opinion about permited and prohibited programs.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly kind of post that I expected here. Thank you!
I really want to know position of pp.com management about it just to be sure about my money.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:02 PM
Akimka Akimka is offline

Location: Russia

I don't think if position of partypoker can be ANY clearly expressed. Last letter from them:

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for contacting us at PartyPoker.com

To clarify, the use of any third party software when playing games on
our sites is prohibited.

We have systems in place that will detect any third party software being
used.

Any player found using third party software on our sites will have their
account closed permanently.

I hope this reassures you of our site integrity.

In case you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact
us. We will be more than happy to help you.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

NOTE: Your PartyAccount username and password are confidential
information. No one from the company will ever ask for your password in
a phone call or email. Do not respond to any requests that ask for your
password
..
Kind Regards,

Nicolas K
PartyPoker Customer Care
PartyPoker, WPC Productions Limited, 711 Europort, Gibraltar